Klobuchar, Warren, Sanders - Conflict of Interest - Recuse

If Trump was concerned about Burisma and the Bidens, he should have asked the DOJ to investigate. That investigation would have happened behind the scenes, with no announcement.

That’s not what trump wanted. He wanted an announcement. That is what he demanded.

Just give it the Obama Test.

If Obama had done this, would you be supportive of his actions, or would you be flipping your lid?

One of the smartest things Warren and Klobuchar could do politically, is break away from their party and vote for the President. They have everything to gain politically and nothing to lose in their run for the WH.

Exactly.

The onion layers are seemingly endless.

I use the example Sessions set for recusing himself from Mueller probe.

The conflict for the active Senate candidates is 100 times more significant.

:hear_no_evil:

Seriously…ask any lib and they’ll tell you plainly…that was different.

2 Likes

“I think that’s what I had to do,” Sessions said during a meeting with the Federalist Society on Saturday.

The attorney general cited a “pretty reasonable” Department of Justice regulation that forbids DOJ officials from investigating campaigns of which they were a part.

Sessions was an early and ardent advocate for then candidate Donald Trump during the 2016 US election, championing his platform on immigration and a host of other issues. Sessions officially endorsed Trump in February 2016, becoming the first sitting US senator to throw their support behind the Manhattan mogul. He remained a campaign surrogate throughout the race and served as chairman of the campaign’s national security advisory board.

It is clear that being an active 2020 candidate is for more compromising.

:hear_no_evil:

Just like President Carter, what compromised Sessions, was his genuine desire to act honorably.

If Obama was concerned about the AG, he should have sent somebody whose son wasn’t involved in the Ukraine.

2 Likes

No reason he could not have reassigned corruption fighting Joe to another corrupt locale while Hunter Biden was busy making Burisma lawsuit free.

Good point.

:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

He literally could have sent anybody else on the world except for Joe Biden or John Kerry.

1 Like

We know the administration was aware from the House testimony.

:see_no_evil:

Of course they were, the #2 in the administration did it.

2 Likes

I’d like to hear more details about how it would be a great event politically for Warren and Klobuchar. If you mean “career ending in politics “ then I’d be agreement. Look forward to hearing the alternate reality version of this.

If…they do, you’ll get the visual version? Stay tuned…

Why can’t you articulate why two Democratic candidates who favor impeachment why and how they would benefit politically for reversing themselves and sifting with President Trump.

You stated it so clearly you had some kind of mechanism or chain of events in mind, didn’t you?

They would be on

3fl53i

1 Like

You are correct of course, but don’t expect any Democrat to be honest and agree with you.

If any Democrat in this forum suddenly found themselves charged with a crime and in a courtroom, and five jurors stood up and said they were guilty before the trial even started, you can bet every penny you have that the said Democrat would scream bloody murder and demand that those jurors be replaced.

But as I have said before. today’s Leftists don’t care about the rule of law (healthcare for illegal aliens) and don’t care about right or wrong. They will trample on any law in their lust to gain power.

So these senators will not recuse themselves because they are hypocrites and liars.

Is that what they do in Australia? Innocent people say they are guilty just to get along? No thanks.

Using your example, do you think the accused would demand that witnesses that would clear him/her not be allowed to appear as witnesses?

If they appeared, the climate in the Senate might change…and I know you’re against that…amirite? :sunglasses:

1 Like