Kill a Man, Get Probation

Of course. But that’s kinda the point I’m trying to make. There’s a reason why the victim’s family can’t be on the jury.

The older brother beat him too.

What made you emotional about George Floyd?

1 Like

The fact that he was killed under the authority of the law.

That’s a valid point. This event makes me a bit emotional because justice cannot be served.

Floyd was killed for a counterfeit $20 bill.

This man was beat to death for a $1 bill.

1 Like

Should Chauvin get a chance to turn his life around?

His name was John Marvin Weed. His life mattered too.

3 Likes

Well they certainly turned around the lives of their victim and his entire family.

Anger management?

What a ■■■■■■■ joke.

I have a friend who, as a teenager, killed a man while driving drunk.

They spent some time in jail (a week or two, white person) - went to rehab for a while, got sober, and turned their life around.

Not a day goes by that they don’t think about the life they ended.

In the meantime, they’ve started and built a company that employs nearly a hundred people, and has donated hundreds of thousands of dollars towards any avenue that might prevent their story from repeating.

1 Like

Yes, of course.

As soon as he gets out of prison.

Does vengeance heal?

1 Like

They beat a man to death with their bare hands.

But prison.

Not for the other two thugs.

Does your line of thinking extend to Chauvin?

Chauvin accidentally killed a man while restraining him after an arrest.

These little dirt bags accidentally killed a random man while assaulting him.

Does it take more or less savagery to beat a man to death or kneel on a man to death?

1 Like

They beat a man with their bare hands, and he died.

Which means they beat him to death.

That’s sad and it seems like your friend has done the best with a bad situation.

This situation is different. While your friend was wrong, tragically wrong, to drive drunk he did not intentionally wreck and kill that other person. There wasn’t hate involved. It was negligence. Still worthy of criticism and he paid the consequences for his actions, but it is truly forgivable especially if he has spent his life atoning for what happened.

These two… they beat that man to the death. They didn’t care if he lived or if he died. It wasn’t an accident.

3 Likes

Whether or not Chauvin acted with malice, negligence or by accident has not been found by a jury.

But, I am just asking if vengeance heals. Does it?

Yes.