Kentucky storms

Tornadoes of this nature spawn along the leading edge of cold fronts as they interact with warm, humid air ahead of the front. That part of the country had warm, humid gulf air over it. Our winds here on the gulf coast had been from the South for several days, pumping that warm, humid air North over the center of the country. The cold front was a winter cold front, not a spring or summer cold front. The release of energy from the atmosphere is magnified by the humidity level and temperature difference. This isnā€™t new, and those poor folks in the hardest hit areas had the great misfortune of the strongest energy release happening where they were.

We get tornadoes EVERY single December in Missouri. On schedule, never fails.

Hereā€™s the one we all got to watch as it destroyed our ECS and barracks on December 31st, 2010.

2 Likes

I would almost guarantee millions were allotted to foreign countries or other states for whatever that had nothing to do with the disasters.

1 Like

that is seriously creepy. i have seen one in real life but from a distance. itā€™s eerie

1 Like

When I lived in Texas, everyone on the block would be up on their rooftops just watching tornadoes do their thing. We all knew to go back inside if debris started falling around us.

These days, I curse heavy winds because I hate having to repair ā– ā– ā– ā–  . lol

2 Likes

Advantage to high tax jersey; very few tornados.

Allan

Yes, you were completely wrong (as usual when it comes to weather and climate) in your statement about December tornadoes. :rofl:

2 Likes

Not in nw Indiana. First tornado in December in recorded history.

Wonder why?

Allan

ā€œI was wrongā€ wouldā€™ve indicated a hint of fortitude. Oh well, dance around that hat some more. :rofl:

1 Like

So, in the last hundred years, other places that had December tornadoes for the first time should have blamed it on hairspray and SUVā€™s? Just admit climate change has been happening since the beginning and we as humans play a very small role in it.

1 Like

Because wide spread recorded weather records for Northwestern Indiana donā€™t go back even 200 years.

2 Likes

Apparently, you donā€™t know how FEMA emergency funding works. Paul has nothing to say about it either way. The request comes solely from the Governor.

1 Like

There never was a tornado swarm anywhere in the country prior to global warming.* Surely you must know that.

*approximately, 10-12,000 years ago ā€¦

:wink:

1 Like

In 2013 he voted against emergency relief for hurricane Sandy.

So what? Itā€™s still entirely the Governorā€™s call regardless of what Paul did then or now.

Sure, sure. But FEMAā€™s budget relies on congress, and I have shown you Paul voting directly against aid for another state.

I have no idea why you wanna stand for this hypocrisy, but do what you gotta do.

Thank goodness. No taunting or nonsense. Iā€™m glad that compassion has become the norm again.

There is no demand or expectations for loyalty after helping your fellow citizens. Imagine that!

1 Like

Yep. Biden is great at proving that heā€™s horrible.

I encourage everyone to donate what they can to agencies like the Red Cross. This is the kind of moment when Americans have traditionally come together to help one anotherā€¦

1 Like

No no noā€¦

Itā€™s all climate changeā€¦probably caused by the unvaccinatedā€¦and itā€™s attacks were racistā€¦

2 Likes