Kentucky passed Voter ID law, when all deparnment that offer ID are currently closed

This is a real puzzling move, its almost like they don’t want people to vote.

FRANKFORT, Ky. (WAVE) - A veto made by Governor Andy Beshear opposing a voter ID law was defeated in the state legislature.

Lawmakers in both the Kentucky House and Senate voted to override Beshear’s veto of SB 2.

Republican state lawmakers called the proposed voter ID law one of their top priorities at the beginning of the 2020 legislative session.

Proponents said it would increase confidence in the state’s elections by preventing fraud, but Democrats are claim that problem doesn’t exist, adding the bill would keep legal voters from heading to the polls.

Voters would need a photo ID to cast a ballot in-person or through the mail. Senate Bill 2 also lays out a process to provide free IDs to people in need.

That’s not subtle at all is it.

4 Likes

Proponents said it would increase confidence in the state’s elections by preventing fraud, but Democrats are claim that problem doesn’t exist, adding the bill would keep legal voters from heading to the polls.

It’s good to hear that Kentucky has such a strong desire for an honest election, that they have enough votes supporting this, to override this veto. Good on them and I hope they are leading a national charge. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

1 Like

They will reopen in plenty of time.

If this is correct, then there shouldn’t be a problem.

Dems should get on board with a program to get people IDs, not whine about the fact that they don’t have them.

3 Likes

Dems are afraid they can’t win without cheating is the bottom line.

2 Likes

And pugs are afraid they’ll lose if people vote.

This should be the end of this thread.

Yeah…wanting people to show their ID suggests that. That’s pure sheople food!!!

Do you show an ID when you buy liquor? How about when you cash a check? When something important is on the line, you have people show their ID proving that they are…who they say they are. Promoting anything else…is promoting fraud and anyone on board with that should be absolutely ashamed.

I dont disagree. But when have republicans encouraged voting. Every two years they pull ■■■■ like closing down polling sites etc. Use ids ok but make presidential elections a holiday. Once every four years wont kill a business. Have plenty of polling sites where someone doesn’t have to wait in line for hours to vote. Provide free ids to every voter. Let people vote by mail during a pandemic. Are we in agreement?

First…thank you. Personally…I’m neither an R or a D. I’m an unaffiliated conservative that most often votes R but not always. Anything that promotes a dishonest election…from either side…I am fully against.

I’d like to look at your proposals further and maybe there should be a holiday once every four years? I don’t have a problem with free IDs. Regarding mailing in the vote, this is too important to take any chances with fraudulent voting. I’m not in favor of that. I do believe though that some added precautions should be taken to protect voters from this virus when attempting to vote.

Republicans in Wisconsin passed voter ID several years ago. Yes Dems set up systems to help people get their free IDs, and people who were targeted, were smart enough to know they were being targeted, as a result they are more appreciative of their voting rights. So that’s good.

2 Likes

What about places that close all the polling sites in predominantly minority areas? Fraud is a ■■■■■■■■ excuse. There has yet to be any proof of any kind of wide spread fraud. Just another excuse to limit voting

Or you could listen to the words that come out of the president’s own mouth:

Donald Trump admitted on Monday that making it easier to vote in America would hurt the Republican party.

The president made the comments as he dismissed a Democratic-led push for reforms such as vote-by-mail, same-day registration and early voting as states seek to safely run elections amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

"The things they had in there were crazy. They had things, levels of voting that if you’d ever agreed to it, you’d never have a Republican elected in this country again,” Trump said during an appearance on Fox & Friends.

1 Like

I am not for anything that goes against an honest and fair election.

Regarding the second, I disagree. I am not aware of any nationwide throrough investigation into this. Since there hasn’t been…your soundbite keeps being repeated. There’s fraud in EVERYTHING and voting, I’m confident…isn’t any different?

Then maybe now you can understand, I don’t always agree with Trump and this is one of those times.

If Kentucky is going to provide IDs for free to its population. Then I see no problem with it at all. They should allow people to send in a compliant picture from their cell phone or go to a local store to have a picture done for them.

Make it easy and this could be a model for other states to use

1 Like

Do you disagree with him that higher voter turnout hurts Republicans, or do you just wish he hadn’t said it out loud?

I want every eligable voter to vote and it really is that simple. If Trump doesn’t, that’s cowardly. May the best candidate win…or at least the one that wins the EC.

1 Like

I disagree with tying voter ID to the DMV, for people who don’t drive or have vehicles. They should be able to get voter ID card at the local town halls.