Kentucky couple fit with ankle monitors, placed on house arrest, for refusing to sign quarantine documents

Thank you, we’ll be fine. My wife is getting spayed this week, so we’re all going to join her tomorrow for a free Kung Flu test. I’m curious to know if we have antibodies from February or not.

Right on. Good luck to your wife with her procedure, stay safe and thank you for getting tested. Good for you and yours, good for your community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Why with little merit?

There it is.

1 Like

I just like looking at it.

But when diseases cross the border carried by illegals who bypass our legal immigration process, progs are just as adamant that there is some fundamental right to do that.

Tell me the difference again?

And don’t even think about " please provide a link where …".

I’m done with people playing that “bring me the witches broom” game. If you want the privilege of debating me from time to time, dont pull that ■■■■ on me.

1 Like

Damn dude! :rofl:

1 Like

Good on ya. Some couldn’t even be arsed to do that.

What did the form say they agreed to?

I’m sure you agree than that all people with aids should be on lock down so they don’t infect innocent people. It’s for the publics health right. We can’t have aids infected people not following the rules and having unprotected sex.
Same goes for any sexually transmitted disease. Everyone who tests positive for any sexually transmitted disease should have to be on lock down until they test disease free. It’s for the publics health right.

1 Like

Hey look a thread where cons pretend they are against big government policing

LAW and ORDER

Y’all the ones keep saying quarantine the sick and not the healthy. How do you think that’s going to work exactly? A lot like this but more extreme.

1 Like

Plagues don’t respect quaint notions about late-capitalist freeberty. That has been demonstrated these last six months, beyond any rational or reasonable doubt.

I spend a lot of time in the mountains. Hikers, as a rule, tend towards being a conscientious bunch. Same, with most rifle sportsmen, though there are some lowlander beers-and-buckshot yahoos who break the rule.

It took only about a week for almost everyone to adopt some kind of breathable neck-gator that’s easy to pull up as you pass on the trail. All 13 people I passed in and out on the trail, today, pulled up their covering before we got within 20 feet of each other.

Doesn’t account for the dogs or the [didn’t realize the coloquialism re: ■■■■ bags from Mass. wasn’t caught by the filter] , but it shows that the necessary component is a baseline conscientiousness. That’s all it takes. I don’t have a high risk of contracting sarscov2/covid19 running past someone above the treeline, but it costs exactly ■■■■ all and a goose egg to extend the courtesy. Because this is really about the courtesy.

4 Likes

Good post

Why is this part lost on so many?

I’d monetize it if I knew. Alas, I remain merely comfortable.

Yes but it’s also about real public health consequences. Not arguing with you but it’s not the same “courtesy” as say, holding a door open or saying thank you.

Yep. Plague is plague. But, I don’t think we can convince anyone on the public health terms, because it’s been weaponized. We can build a dialogue about courtesy, though.

I was in a TSC, recently, that had to close for some weeks because 70% of its staff was sickened by covid19. It was kind of a big deal. Everyone knew the store was a cluster.

The store is open again and providing masks and gloves at no cost. And there was still a man who over-reacted to the employee’s request to grab a free mask. Started to argue with the (elderly) staff member. A younger woman, not a crew person, came round the corner, put her hands on her hips and just looked the arguing man in the eye until he walked out. No argument. No politics. No criticism. Just a motherly stance, the body language of which stating, obviously and clearly, I expect you, a grown man, to act like a grown man. Show some courtesy.

It got me thinking, that this is the best way forward.