Kentucky congressman disinvites AOC to visit coalminers (4-17-2019)

It is perfectly normal to be wrong now and then.

this is you time.

Allan

1 Like

and saying so is manly and gains respect.

i think not. you embarrass yourself.

the invite still stands. in fact, three days after he sent the letter he said

“‘Progressives say they have an open mind,’ Barr said to WKYT Monday. ‘I want her to show she has an open mind, come to Kentucky and learn about the ramifications about her proposals on real people struggling in real ways.’”

doesnt sound like a “disinvite” to me

but enough about reality

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/kentucky-congressman-takes-umbrage-at-rep-alexandria-ocasio-cortez-tweet-rescinds-invitation-to-coal-mine

did you even red your link

“The Kentucky congressman who invited Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to tour a coal mine in his district appeared to rescind the invitation this week after she tweeted a critique of fellow Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw.”

Rescinded and issued new invite with conditions attached.

Allan

UPDATE

Jodi Whitaker, Barr’s spokeswoman, said Barr was simply making a suggestion for Ocasio-Cortez to apologize, not placing any preconditions on her visit. The invitation still stands even if the congresswoman refuses to give an apology, Whitaker said.

1 Like

So he invited her, then uninvited her, then reinvited her?

2 Likes

So it would appear. But one might argue that Barr never intended on disinviting her and was merely misunderstood.

It appears that those arguing that she was never uninvited were correct all along.

Barr was getting heat for the disinvite, and now has rescinded the conditions of the second invite and has reinvited her without conditions.

I was damn stupid of Barr.

Looks weak backing down from his position.

Allan

1 Like

Lololol again republicans keep kicking their own ass

< respectful nod >

thank you

still pretending there was a disinvite

and are now building on that silly narrative with a series of invites, disinvites and reinvites

smh

so, no. he didnt

yes i read the link.

it was not rescinded

That’s exactly how it went down, invited her unconditionally, put conditions on her new invite, then withdrew the conditions.

So basically it’s back to the original.

Like I said it makes Barr look weak.

Allan

let’s try this…

the letter is avail in the roll call link

can you please point out the text therein where a condition was applied to his invite to her?

Here is tweet on 4/12/2019 calling on AOC to apologize before coming.

Today, I delivered the letter below to @AOC, calling on her to apologize for her comments to our colleague @DanCrenshawTX before she plans her trip to Kentucky to learn how the Green New Deal could impact our Commonwealth. pic.twitter.com/j52dAcIi4E

Sorry that is a condition. If it wasn’t he would have phrased it, i wish you had not insulted Crenshaw but my invitation stands in unconditionally.

Allan

i asked where in the letter is this “condition?”

I showed you his tweet where he called on AOC to apologize before visiting aka a condition.

It is, you know.

It was conditional, now it’s not.

AOC ready,to take on Kentucky guided by rep Barr.

Allan

it never was even a condition. the “before” in the tweet means before in time, not as a “or dont bother coming” condition. the tweet refers directly to his letter

now, for the third time, where in the letter is this “condition?”