Kennedy Retiring From USSC

It works as well as the other two branches.

No but some of the things we pay taxes for are.

:rofl: great recommendation. The problem is there’s no check on the judiciary.

There is. It just isn’t a functional one.

I don’t think it would have been a problem.

Apparently Roberts did. Given him working himself into a pretzel passing it.

And then we read things into it

Because of agendas.

Of course there is.

In the case of the Bill of Rights, the agenda is imposing morality.

I don’t bring up the right to privacy as a gotcha. I don’t do it as some weird parrot

Literally today someone st my job argued that the right to privacy was always protected by the conservatives and attacked by the liberals. I was amazed. Not because it was unbearably stupid but because there is a disconnect.

The constitution emanates. It does. Do we have to limit what we read into it? Does the emotion of attempt at popularity of and by the “ephors” create decisions that are not based in substantive law but in feelings? Of course it does. To deny same is to deny what’s right in front of my face

But and this is a big butt. The constitution has words, words have meanings, meanings change.

False statement alert!!! President Trump had his list of Supreme Court nominees before he was elected President. He has added a few to that list since. He picked Gorsuch from that list. Every Conservative that is a conservative likes every name on the list.

Shows how much you know.

No there isn’t. If there was this thread wouldn’t be 500 posts long.

And we’d all be well wishing Kennedy.

Yes like brown v board of ed. I learned it from you … well i understood when you pointed it out. Feelings make for bad lawyering and even worse judging. But we are human. We feel, we act. We are subjective. Now what

It came from them, although I think @Safiel mentioned the federalist society?

1 Like

We check it.

What’s the check on THE FINAL ARBITERS?

The Legislature and the States.

It is but only because the scotus is meant to be reactive not proactive and that should never change. Can it even?

I wish Kennedy well.

Who the next Justice will be is out of my hands.

I have my opinions about what is going to happen and I have some disappointment because of that… but that is politics.