Kenly NC Entire Police Force Quits

Granted. We are…different. :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

Actually it was way worse than telling her to get over it. He also attempted to stop her second attempt at filing a report

The woman tried filing a report again with a police lieutenant, but the chief prevented the lieutenant from filing the report, according to the lawsuit.

Just a bunch of good ol boys. I can’t imagine what the underlying problem is here

But of course the headline is “progressive town manager”. And who knows? Maybe she does suck. But so does this guy.

I suspect that there are two valid sides to this story.

I know all the facts aren’t out in the open and there is a lot behind the scenes we don’t know.

In any event, I can remember Kenly way back when Interstate 95 ended at exit 107 in Kenly. :smile:

1 Like

That is entirely possible. She very well could be a horrible pick for that town’s demographics.

But it also sounds like the town wasn’t being being very well served by the existing police force and won’t notice the departure much

This new manager was fired from some public position in richland county, sc. From what i read, no reason was listed.

In March, 2015. Not sure how that’s relevant

2020 census

Kenly racial composition
Race Number Percentage
White (non-Hispanic) 704 47.22%
Black or African American
(non-Hispanic) 503 33.74%
Native American 2 0.13%
Asian 9 0.6%
Other/Mixed 69 4.63%

Fairly diverse town.

1 Like

With an all white police force

Aaaannndd?

1 Like

Just adding to your observation

My “observation” is based on a 2020 census. But thanks for noticing.

And mine based on the 2022 article

It didn’t take long for the “racist” accusation to be thrown out. Keep in mind that the non-black Vice President, Harris, has a similar problem with her staff quitting for the exact same reason; hostile work environment.

Perhaps it has more to do with Progressive policies or an arrogant personality and less to do with race.

2 Likes

However, generic race baiters need their default hole to exist in. :wink:

3 Likes

Nobody accused anybody of being racist. Wind it in, snowflake.

My mistake, it must have been some other poster named @Supreme_War_Pig that made the comment about “whiny white gen x-er, pissed off that he has a black (gasp) female (shudder) boss”.

3 Likes

How many POC applied?

Point out the accusation. Please and thank you.