One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Subpoena him.

Holy ■■■■■ unbelievable.

There you go, gnarly. I was struggling with that one.

He goes on to say he was the predator of the situation. Bear, wolf, or something.

Who do you think is the subject of the Committee hearings?

This is so obvious, why is nobody getting it? First, there really is no evidence. Have you noticed that nearly every time an allegation such as this is made, it’s by some liberal college professor type? Why is it that only far left liberals seem to get assaulted by conservatives? But that’s not the main point. Why doesn’t anybody notice the obvious? THEY WERE CHILDREN!!!
We don’t use adult standards to judge children. How many people that you know were out of control as kids but grew up to be fine adults? I know many. It is incredibly stooopid to hold kids to adult standards. There is a reason for juvenile courts. There is a reason that we don’t let them vote. They have no discipline, no self control and they are nit wits by nature. This isn’t a murder case. stupid kids do stupid things because they are stupid. If this happened, the police should have been called and juvenile court should have handled it. It’s far too late to hold somebody accountable for alleged juvenile crimes.

We don’t set adult standards for affluent white children.

When a black child is gunned down by a police officer though? We tend to hear about how large they were for their age, their issues in school, and if they may have smoked pot at some point.

And thank you for another shining example as to why so many girls/women do not come forward when these incidents take place. When they come forward as children society tells them, “We do not want to ruin the future of this young man.” When they come forward as adults about incidents from the past they are told, “We do not want to ruin this man’s life over things he did years ago.”

4 Likes

Dunno man. Seems to me like a 17 year old knows they rape is bad.

Ha ha. Trayvon Martin thanks you for the support. I remember the threads saying George Martin was right in his actions.

Was he 17? No rape is alleged.

1 Like

An attempted sexual assault is alleged.

If the allegations are true, it is not his actions as a 17 year old at issue.

It is his actions as a grown man denying the behavior of his 17 year old self that becomes important.

2 Likes

George Martin was amazing. The producer for the world’s most influential rock band. A legend. He was right in his actions.

2 Likes

I tried to make this point.

You did a better job of it. Thanks!

:balance_scale:

The allegation is that he was 17 at the time. Attempted rape is alleged.

Seems to me like a 17 year old would know not to attempt to rape someone (if you want to get picky).

Both were capable of breeding. They were adults, not children.
Minors, but not children.

(BTW, “don’t forcibly take other peoples cloths off” was a rule for kids when I was growing up.)

1 Like

She said that she was 15. Who sad that he was 17? And with zero evidence, what’s the point?

So contact the police in these cities and tell them to stop their investigations.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/20195570/17-year-old-arrested-for-sexual-assault

1 Like

She said she was 15…But wasn’t sure of the year!!!

Then it should have been a juvenile court case. Not a 35 year old adult court case. She did not think that it was important enough to report at the time.