One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

That is not how the story went.

I hope he goes after her. If Clarence Thomas had sued Anita Hill until her nose bled, this wouldn’t be happening.

Yeah. The story goes she broke away from two football players. If that is true, she didn’t do it because they wanted to stop her from breaking away.

Quite the opposite.

What the ■■■■ does what Kavanaugh “want” factor into the decision of whether he is or is not confirmed?

There is absolutely no way she could win the case unless she comes up with a witness that the jury believes.

He’s saying that Kavanaugh won’t sue her. I disagree. I think he might.

What courtesy, what empathy what can you possibly show that the democrats have extended to Ford. They seem to be distancing themselves from her like a hot potato.

Yet, you are willing to vilify Kavenahs’s for his. Why the different standards?

1 Like

Update: She’ll testify on Thursday, according to Politico.

The Senate Judiciary Committee has tentatively agreed to a hearing on Thursday with Christine Blasey Ford regarding her allegation that Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her while in high school, according to a person briefed on a call on Saturday night. Representatives of the committee will speak to Ford’s lawyers on Sunday to continue hammering out details, the person said.

No he won’t. He’s a litigator he knows what is at stake. He does that he opens himself up to all sorts of testimony he doesn’t want of his former life even if he has changed his ways and isn’t the same man now as most adult tend to do.

I do not understand how anyone cannot see this for the political trick it is. I do feel there are two issues, sexual assault and the horrible politics being made of it.

I am having a hard time being empathetic to a crime not reported to this day, by a person who may have an ax to grind with Judge Kavenaugh from a repo of her family home, that has a political activist as a lawyer that presented the opposite argument for democratic males, that occurred about 36 years ago in places unknown, was not reported, has different view than documented by a psychiatrist, that just so happen to be received by a democrat trying to stop the nomination almost 4 months ago, that has only redacted copies of her letter. I think the only crime here is what the democrats asked her to do and are using her for.

I hope someone gains the courage to just say no to new terms, let the accuser go first, set the date, and if she is not there go forward with the vote.

1 Like

Key word tentatively.

Sexual assault is not an easy thing to discuss even after all those years, and blaming and shaming her just doesn’t work. If you don’t think this isn’t difficult for her, you just don’t get it at all. It’s astounding how senstive some 'Pubs are to his feelings and not to hers.

We don’t know what he wants or doesn’t want. Maybe he doesn’t have anything to hide.
I hope he goes after her.
I’d like to see a lot of libel suits against these unproven and unprovable #metoo accusations. If there were the movement wouldn’t last much longer.

1 Like

Because given the circumstances that she described, if the two boys intended to rape her, she would not have been able to flee, she would have been raped.

Because I’m smart enough to know that in a two on one situation … two strong 17 yr-old boys on one 15 yr-old girl … that the boys would prevail if their intention was to rape her.

NBC evening news, actually.

I love it how when liberals run out of rational arguments, they play the FOX News card as though they are the only News organizations that is covering this fiasco.

Of course you would. You are the example of the reason why victims of sexual abuse rarely come forward and subsequently the reason why such conversations persists. Persumption of innocense is paramount but you have no problem victim shaming and planting seed of doubt to support someone that you think represents your laid out ideals.

Its very transparent. And you are a joke.

Yes, of course.

We need to stamp out this movement. How dare women stand up to their abusers!