One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

I hear that she is trying to book passage on a clipper ship around the horn. She anticipated she should be arriving on the east coast in February or March. :wink:

Feinstein doesn’t believe her.

Ok…

Feinstein publically dropped the accusations of the letter at the eleventh hour without the name or specifics. Now Feinstein’s camp is suggesting that someone on her staff leaked the information to the media which forced her hand.

Do you want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn?

Some of you will never learn. The lost art of shutting up in full force. If she isn’t credible, and Senators do not start to feel political pressure to drop support, then this guy will be a Supreme Court Justice. If not, you’re all going to look like a bunch of really nasty people trying to mansplain how a woman should process being date raped.

BK doesn’t have a “right” to be a SCJ.

Let the process do it’s thing.

1 Like

If the two boys in the room with her had intended to rape her, she would not have been able to get away, she would have been raped. Yeah, no doubt that they probably wanted to have sex with her, but when she had the opportunity to leave, they let her go. She was a victim of sexual assault, not attempted rape.

I haven’t professed to know the truth on this matter. Do you know THE truth?

The process was bringing the allegations forth in committee. This is a stall.

How do you know that. Is this part of THE truth?

But sticking to the facts is so boring.

You seem very sure she would have been raped. You state it as fact. I wonder how you know this.

There is absolutely no way to determine that there was any thought of such a thing. All we know from her own statement is that she went up to a bedroom with two drunk boys, was pushed on the bed, one of them whom she identified as Kavanaugh after 36 years started to remove some of her clothes and they stopped. The presumption should be they stopped when she wanted them to stop, shouldn’t it? Could she herself have stopped two football players, if the story is true?

Youve been watching FOX againn

It doesn’t work that way in a civil case.
If Kavanaugh sues her for libel, she has to prove that it actually happened. If he does- and I hope he does- I wouldn’t want to be her.

True. We don’t even know if she was really a victim of sexual assault.

You may want to brush up on the law.

Or I may not want to. Truth is the only defense against libel. To defend against a libel suit, she will have to prove that her allegations are the truth.

He won’t, you know that, for more than a few reasons.

Neither of us know whether he will or not.
He’s hired an attorney that specializes in defamation.

The plaintiff is responsible for proving his/her case. I can’t believe you don’t know this.