One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

40 years ago with a vague description of the home. And try and track down a mystery 4th boy that she may or may not be able to describe and may or may not know the name of. Or the second girl that she has said was in the home that she may or may not have a description of and may or may not know the name of?

Oh please. They have to investigate way more difficult cases then this - and they do it routinely.

Call for the vote. She’s stalling again.

She should probably know where and when so her story looks legit. Waiting for the FBI to find and obscure house and match an obscure time looks like she isn’t a real honest person. That would be like me telling the lottery commission I will wait until you show me the winning numbers and then I will turn my lottery card in.

MAKE her look uncooperative? She’s doing that just fine all on her own.

I don’t think you can. From what I understand the seats are on a first come, first served basis.

Although, in the next hearing it is also my understanding there will be sound proof glass partitions.

It’d be funny if they said they found the house and it was definitely a House Kavanaugh frequented, got her to say yeah that’s it! That house was built in 1991. Next!

2 Likes

“In the real world the prosecution always goes first, then the defense gets their chance to rebut testimony.”

@Joanne,

And then the prosecution gets to go again during the rebuttal phase.

But, this isn’t a trial and the committee can do whatever they want and call witnesses in whatever order they want.

So what kind of investigation are you asking the FBI to do:

a) a full criminal investigation
b) a background investigation

Yep, hold the vote and let the chips fall where they may. No matter what the GOP is going to be demonized anyway.

1 Like

What kind of investigation are you asking the FBI to do

a) a full criminal investigation
b) a background investigation

There is a difference

@lulubee yes the committee can do what they want. Have you forgotten who controls it?

It is INSANE to suggest he testify first. How can he defend himself if he can’t answer to her accusations, except going by what’s in a redacted letter?

As is with testifying before Congress under oath and lying is a criminal offense, filing a false police report in Maryland is a crime and punishable with a six month jail sentence and $500 fine.

Is this why Ford has avoided these options?

JWK

I’m not asking for it. Ford is asking for an investigation.
Though I also believe it should be investigated.

I think a background investigation into the allegations is what is warranted. One would think Judge Kavanaugh would welcome an investigation to clear his name, but for some reason he hasn’t asked for one.

It really doesn’t matter at this point. The internet sleuths have done all the investigating. Folks are going to believe what they’re going to believe at this point. She’s(DiFi) just dragging it out to use as a political issue, and having the vote would get everything out there quick. And DiFi should give Grassley all correspondence or be censured.

I’m asking YOU personally what kind of investingation YOU think should happen. a or b. You seem to want the investigation to happen. what kind do you want to happen a or b

Demonized by our Fifth Column media and Yellow Journalists who hate Trump, and have Trump Derangement Syndrome

JWK

I haven’t forgotten. But it’s not my decision and it’s not yours either. I don’t care either way. But, I do think it should be investigated.

By the same token: where is your disdain for Ford being an over privileged, all girl’s school kind of elite?

I’d like to see a verifiable story. Not rich privileged boy versus rich privileged girl.

How much attention or credibility would a minority who attended public school get on this matter?

It may be after he’s confirmed.