One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

She said so.

Ummm yeah. Where have you been?

You gonna excuse someone sexually assaulted your own daughter because of all of the great things they have done since then? Get the ■■■■ out of here.

How does one rationalize that in their mind? Yeah you raped my daughter, but hey you’ve made a few good legal decisions as a judge that align with what I believe in in the years since.

How pathetically sad. You know how many murderers in prison have since got their GED, and found Jesus? Would that take away your pain for your murdered loved one?

1 Like

For an office as high as the supreme court, yes.

She may have agreed to testify, but we don’t know if it’s next week, next month, next year or after the 2020 election.

They still want to work out “terms” and “timing”. Grassley needs to end this ridiculous farce now.

But I have to give them credit. Despite the fact Grassley has gone out of his way to accomodate her, morons like Gillibrand, Feinstein, etc can go in front of the cameras and say she’s being “silenced”.

BTW, a very interesting thread from Hatch’s office outlining what has happened in the past week.

Then why is grassly STILL askig for an unredacted letter?

And if you read the disclaimer at the top

CNN was not provided a copy of the letter sent to Feinstein, but a source who had the letter read the contents of a redacted version to CNN

So? Are you questioning it’s not the letter? That CNN made it up?

And are you suggesting that Grassley (or anyone else with at least a half a brain) cannot tell by reading the letter what has been redacted?

Her name, where she lives and the 2nd guy in the room who we know is Mark Judge.

I know some people are lacking in critical thinking skills and reading comprehension is difficult for many people - but this is like 3rd grade reading level stuff.

I’m pointing out that CNN has NOT received an actual copy of the letter. The letter has NOT been released publicly. Someone read it to them. There may be other information along with the letter.

So if it’s all out there, shy hasn’t she just given Grassley a copy of the letter? Appears that she is hiding something or she would turn it over and say it’s exactly as reported. But she won’t. So the question is WHY?

Here, I’ll unredact it for you. Mark Judge.

1 Like

CNN didn’t receive a physical copy of the letter but they published it. It is out there for anyone to read. She may or may not have other information to corroborate her story - but if she does it is not in that letter.

I am sure that her letter will be read into the record when she testifies. Then you can compare it to what CNN published. It will be exactly what the published on the 17th.

Subpoena Mark Judge and Amy Chua.

Good question. I can guarantee most of the media won’t ask them.

You do realize this isn’t going to go away if it’s legitimate and I’m not saying it is.

It can either be dealt with now or the GOP can go ahead and confirm him. I somehow doubt this will go away if they do, can’t sweep it under the rug. They can but it will continue to hurt them politically. The GOP is between a rock and hard place at this point. It won’t sit well in house voting to push this through before the midterms.

Where did she Judge and he looked uncomfortable?

unredact that please and thank you.

You think a lot of Americans won’t see through this dog and pony show? It’s so blatantly obvious Dems don’t care about the victim, they are about getting revenge for Garland and to prevent any conservative from being seated on the court.

And what about the rights of the accused? Is he not entitled to a swift hearing? Fords own lawyer was on the talk shows Monday claiming her client was ready to talk, now the stonewalling.

As for it not going away, I’m well aware of that. Some Dems are already on record saying they will begin impeachment proceedings if they take Congress this November. And I have no doubt they mean it.

And as for “pushing it through” why aren’t you questioning why DiFi sat on it for two months, and let it leak at the last minute?

You say how bad this looks for the GOP while ignoring how awful Dems probably are looking to the average American.

2 Likes

They published what an annonymous sours told them on the phone. The actual letter - to my knowledge - has not been delivered in redacted form to any media outlet.

Fienstien should turn over the unredacted letter and any other information she was given to the committee before Ford testifies.

And censure Feinstein for holding this letter for two months, allowing it to be leaked, either through her direct knowiledge or incompetence, letting the chair of the committee find out about the allegation from the media instead of from her, and refusing repeated requests to provide the unredacted letter.

I do not understand your post.

This is what has your panties in a twist?

How about if they have an investigation and they could find out if Judge was where Ford says she saw him?

In CNN’s transcript, it says she only met redacted once at redacted and he looked uncomfortable. From the transcript of the person on the phone the person redacted is Judge. So where di she meet him only once after the alleged incident that he looked uncomfortable.

you said you could unredact the letter for me.

Or Fienstien could release an unredacted letter couldn’t she. No investigation needed.