One and only Kavenaugh Hearings Thread (part 1)

Kavenaugh is the least popular Supreme Court nomine ever. Why do you think that is?

Nonstop media onslaught.

Less popular than Harriet Miers and Robert Bork.

Grassly is ignoring the rules. He’s scared ****less. What is he hiding?

You caught me in Fake News.

It’s since Bork, which is 30 years, which though it feels like it, is not “Ever”.

I heard that more than double the number documents have been provided for kavanaugh than for the last 5 nominees combined.

Is this true??

People are saying that. It must be true.

Where did you hear this?

Did you read it on the internet? If so, then it has to be true. I was told that by a State Farm commercial.

Our government is so broken!!

Putin is WINNING!!!

From Grassly.

I don’t beleive him, but I’m sure someone can fact check that.

It’s going to be entertaining watching the democrats melt down over this because there’s absolutely nothing they can do to stop his appointment.

5 Likes

The vote will be just like the last two years. Lots of hysterics from Democrats, demands, not requests, for delays. Lots of things that have to be looked into, rants from activists to block him, and ending in a vote to have his nomination approved with very little actual delay.

True. The other added part being that this will even further energize the Democratic base and Independents to vote in 2 months as a check on Trump. Perhaps even enough to flip the Senate in addition to the House.

Assume it takes a simple majority to confirm. If so, get on with it.

Today everybody gets to “heap praise” or “vent their spleen”. Stay late if you have too.

Tomorrow everybody votes!!!

Then they can get back to what they like to do. Insider trading, fooling around with staff members…

1 Like

The Bush legal team had already turned over about 415,000 pages to the committee, with about 147,000 of them withheld from public view. President Donald Trump has claimed executive privilege to prevent release of more than 101,921 pages of records from Kavanaugh’s tenure in the White House. Kavanaugh, as “an associate and senior associate White House counsel, dealt with some of the most sensitive communications of any White House official,” including deliberations on judicial candidates, Burck said in a letter to the committee Friday.

Might want to add former president Bush as well. The don says 101k pages can’t be released at all. Bush’s lawyer says 147k can’t be released publicly but can be reviewed by the committe and staff only.

Prior to today Kavanaugh had already provided more than twice the amount of documents to the committee than any prior nominee in history.

It’s just dem’s bitching and whining because they have nothing more to offer.

1 Like

Kavanaugh is too vanilla for anybody to get energized over.

It has nothing to do with him. And everything to do with the process that lead to him.

LOL. You think they’re still “energized” over Garland?