Kavanaugh and Roberts are Liberal trojan horses

I added to it.

He doesn’t say any of that, that he “fashions his decisions based on perception”… why are you misrepresenting this topic?

I read the article. At no point does it, or Roberts, state that he “fashions his decisions” to assauge perseption of a partisan court.

I read an insider report on his Obamacare decision. He originally had written the decision to strike down Obamacare. He was afraid it would make the Court appear to be too conservative, so he flipped. He measures every one of his decisions in the light of politics.

1 Like

They all do. They are no less political than any of the rest of them.

1 Like

:rofl:

An “inside report”?

From who?

There are politics in the Court, sure.

It’s not partisan politics, though.

Tsk Tsk. And studying law.

What a great statement of the role of Supreme Court Justice: an opportunity to seek revenge.

Where does such hatred of America come from?

Man, I hope so, but don’t expect them to make liberal decisions when it comes to corporate or gerrymandering cases.

Of course it is. Party ideology. And fief guarding. The institution is too big to criticize. Just like the FBI.

Name a case Ginsberg voted outside of dem policy.

Roberts and Kavanaugh have obvious reasons for their reluctance to join the court’s three other conservatives in ideological harmony. The chief justice has voiced concern about the court being viewed as just another political branch of government.

Roberts is reluctant to join the court’s three other conservatives. He is concerned about the court being viewed as …

That means he fashions his decisions to gain public approval.

It came from the posters keyboard.

Ideology and party are not synonyms.

There’s no doubt that all of the Justices have strong ideological positions. It’s their job - the reason for their choice in the first place.

But party has little or nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

You understand that (1) doesn’t actually support your “translation”; and (2) is the opinion of the author of the piece, and not a quote from Roberts?

So in summary:

Despite trying to only elect partisan republican judges, the SC still thinks y’all are unconstitutional at every turn?

Says more about republicans in 2019 than anything else…

1 Like

This isnt a bad thing…

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: the party picks them and gives them the litmus tests. You can’t be that naive.