Kapernick to be resigned with the NFL in the following week

They can’t and it really pisses them off personally. Its amusing they think them not buying something they never have before is gonna cause a disturbance in the force.

Carr used to be a really good quarterback.

This gets me every time I see the thread title.

Resigned:

1. Voluntarily leave a job or other position.
    1. Accept that something undesirable cannot be avoided.

Maybe you meant “re-signed”

Ouch! My bad

Isn’t it weird that a simple hyphen basically reverses the meaning of the word?

Resigned though is a good work for Kap since it explains why he’s not in the NFL. He had another year on his contract with the 49ers and it was a player option year meaning if Kap showed up to work the 49ers would have to pay him. Even if they cut him they’d still have to pay him. But Kap resigned, since thats the word of the thread, and voided that last year thinking teams would fall over themselves to sign him after his stellar 1-11 record and horrific QB play that year. No one did though the Ravens came sniffing around as it was uncertain if Joe Flacco’s back would allow him to play that season. They were working on a contract that Kap was expected to sign the next day when his girlfriend went on a social media tirade, perhaps on his behalf, calling the Raven’s owner a racist and Ray Lewis, a team exec now, an Uncle Tom. The Ravens too decided they didn’t want to the drama and rolled the dice on Flacco being healthy enough which he was.

looking at the title of this thread, i wasn’t sure whether to read it with an ‘s’ or a ‘z’ sound. Makes a difference. The way it’s written means he was forcibly retired.

Garoppolo down with an ACL injury. Guess who would be a perfect backup for this team?

It will be interesting. San Fran is a liberal city and the fanbase didn’t totally revolt on them when he was with them before. But as I brought up last post he quit on the team a couple of years ago when he could have stuck around for another year for over $10 million a year. Be interesting to see if there are any hard feelings on either side (Kap’s or management) over how it ended. CJ Beathard, the 49er backup, certainly doesn’t inspire confidence.

What I predict though is that the 49ers send a 5th rd pick or so to the Browns for Tyrod Taylor. Its Baker time in Cleveland which makes Tyrod expendable. It all depends on whether the 49er coaches and management feel this is a lost season or not.

Early reports are that the 49ers plan to roll with Beathard who they feel played well on a bad team last year. They are also promoting some QB off the practice roster.

They’ve invited Kellen Clemens, TJ Yates, Tom Savage, and Matt Moore for tryouts. None are great but all at least equivalent to Kap at this stage with him being out of football for 2 years since all have actual game experience as recent as last season.

Eric Reid, Kap’s partner in suing the league for collusion, was signed today by the Carolina Panthers. Reid was with Kap on the 49ers and was the first player to start kneeling in support of Kap.

For all the talk about Kap, Reid is the guy who had the more legit complaint. Whereas Kap is a middling 2nd or 3rd string QB at best, Reid was one of the better safeties in the league. That said, it was a soft free agent market for safeties this last year with several prominent safeties not getting signed or getting far smaller dealers than expected. Even teams with star safeties have been reluctant to resign them, witness the current drama in Seattle where all star Ear Thomas isn’t getting the deal he wants from Seattle and teams aren’t falling over themselves to offer Seattle a generous trade offer.

I think Reid’s kneeling certainly was a part of why it took this long for him to get signed but it was also the devalued need for safeties at the prices the top safeties think they deserve. Sort of like how RB’s have been devalued across the league leading to guys like Leveon Bell, unquestionably the best RB of the last five years, not getting the superstar deal he wants.

So. How’d it go??

Its been 2-3 weeks since this claim first surface (the OP was a few days late on reporting it here). Still absolutely no indication that any team is even sniffing around Kap other than this baseless claim by his attorney. Not even the 49ers who lost their starting QB for the season.

Like I said, I’ll believe it when I see for all the reasons I outlined earlier.

Eric Reid said he was finished with kneeing and got signed.

Kap has backed himself into a corner, as long as he continues to kneel, he’s done, stop kneeling and he’ll be seen as sellout.

His football career is over. At this the point, the owners would pay for him to go away if they had to before playing him.

Another good unsigned player to compare Kap to is Dez Bryant. Dez never kneeled that I know of but otherwise the reasons he remains unsigned are the same as why Kap remains unsigned. Dez’s skill have eroded to the point where he is no longer a #1 receiver though in a league where teams keep 4-5 receivers he’s certainly mid pack of that group. But like Kap he is a massive headache for any coach and ownership. The Cowboys had retain a full time babysitter for Dez just to keep him out of trouble when not at work and he’s demanding far more money than he’s worth. Kap quit on his team (the 49ers) when he was still under contract thinking teams would fall over themselves to give him #1 QB money but teams realistically saw him as a backup QB. Likewise Dez wants #1 receiver money but he’s realistically a #2 or #4 receiver (#3 is usually a slot receiver and Dez is not that).

Its fummy both Dez and Kaep were offered contracts earlier this season. Now they’re still waiting.

Every draft that goes by makes it harder and harder for Kap.

Its coming up on two months and Kap still isn’t signed.

Dez, whom I brought up earlier, got signed to a bargain basement deal by the Saints but promptly tore his Achilles in practice which is probably a career ender for him at this point. But my point all along holds, Dez finally only got signed because he took a bargain deal. If Kap was willing to sign for a bargain some team might come sniffing but otherwise he’s never playing again.

Got to agree with you on this one.

Achilles rupture is a painful, long term rehab injury, & range of motion may not fully return.

Probably should start circulating the résumé.