Kapernick to be resigned with the NFL in the following week

Thanks I don’t know anything of his ability other than he was a backup quarterback. I questioned why Nike would put him on when usually their ads were for A list atheletes like Michael Jordan and Tiger Woods, but I guess they saw a way to make money.

He was a Superbowl Quarterback. Now you know. Why Nike did what they did? I havent the foggiest. As a business owner I would have never in a million years. But hey…it worked out fantastic for them!

Even suggesting he might bench Carr is about as stupid as a few years ago when a reporter asked Belichick if he was thinking about benching Brady after Brady had a rare bad game early in a season. Belichick was so disgusted at the sheer stupidity of the question he couldn’t even muster a reply. The Pats went on to win the superbowl that year and Brady was the MVP.

No one is going to get benched, a backup QB is an insurance policy if your starting QB gets injured which might be a big possibility with Carr.

Nice Clarification. I hope Trigger pays heed

Exactly.

Tim Tebow was a fan draw but teams didn’t want the media circus that came with him given he was only a backup level talent. Kap is fan poison and an even bigger media circus. Just like teams wouldn’t put up with the circus for a backup like Tebow they won’t put up with the circus for a backup like Kap.

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/qvakww/attorney-suggests-raiders-or-patriots-might-sign-colin-kaepernick

The Raiders have AJ McCarron as their backup. He’s nothing special but he is a vet with actual game experience. Kap is not an upgrade over him. So why barring injury would the Raiders sign Kap to be their third string QB?

The Patriots have Brian Hoyer as their backup (and I didn’t have to look that up, I knew it because they basically got him in the Garappolo trade - the 49ers traded for Garrapolo which led to them cutting Hoyer and the Pats then signing Hoyer). Again nothing special but he’s vet with experience and more importantly he’s played for the Patriots in the past and knows their system and offense. Why would they sign a QB like Kap who has never played in a Belichick / McDaniels offense?

There are some teams where Kap could arguably be an upgrade over the backup. Miami for instance where Brock Osweiler and David Fales are the backups. But Kap could never play in Miami without a fan revolt. Beyond the whole kneeling thing he is an open Fidel Castro supporter and Miami’s huge Cuban population would never accept him because of that.

This would be a smart move for the Raidahs since they’re moving to LV next year.

Rex Grossman was a superbowl QB too. And proof just like with Kap how a stellar defense and great running game can propel a team.

AJ ever won a playoff game? Ever played in the SB?

On a pure talent level Kap is absolutely one of the top 64 QB’s in the league. There is not a single team in the NFL now where he’d be an upgrade over the starter but he is better than a lot of teams backups. Its just as several of us have been saying, no team is going to be willing to put up with the drama for a mid level backup talent. If you have the talent they will put up with it. Kenny Stills started kneeling right after Kap and still kneels to this day. He got a 4 yr / 32 million contract before last season despite the kneeling. Thats because on a talent level Stills is one of the 40 best WR’s in a league where 64 WR’s start every week and between 128-150 are on teams across the league.

Teams with great defenses can make the superbowl regardless of their QB. Peyton Manning due to age and injury played horribly his last year and during the playoffs and superbowl. Easily the worst game ever by a QB in a superbowl whose team won. The Ravens likewise won a superbowl with Trent Dilfer as their QB. Rex Grossman made the superbowl on the back of a great Bears defense. The 49ers had a stellar defense that year and power running game. None of that makes Manning in his last year, Dilfer, Grossman, or Kap a great QB.

Several of us have already talked about the gimmick read option offense that the 49ers were also running that year which is no longer effective. Kap’s decline at QB began as defenses learned to adjust to the read option which forced him to start playing conventional QB where he struggles because he’s inaccurate on medium and deep passes. That forced the 49ers in his 1-11 last year to throw short dump passes all the time which is how your offense loses games.

I disagree with you about McCarron being good and Osweiler not. Osweiler kept the Broncos in contention during 2015. He played the second half of the season. Manning played in the SB which the Broncos won .

Grossman was not that bad of a QB

It’s almost as if you don’t think Keap actually can’t pass. His last year in the league was statistically his 3rd best passing rating in his career and this with one of the worst receiving cores in the whole league.

Doesn’t matter though. Point is that a certain portion of the population think they had enough clout of keep him out of the NFL, not only that but thought they would ruin him financially. So far they failed on the financial front. And if he is signed as noted by the op they failed objectively too… Kaep seems to own his detractors.

Passing rating often can be an illusory number. If you throw lots of dump off passes you get a high completion percentage but you lose the game. Witness Kap’s 1-11 year where he managed a 70%+ completion percentage which by itself seems great until you realize it was because they only threw short passes because he couldn’t hit deep. Or more recently witness David Carr going 29-32 passing last weekend against the Broncos but losing the game because the offense only managed 19 pts despite Carr’s stellar completion percentage.

You typed all of that and still didn’t manage to prove one point. Congrats LOL.

^^This, in a nutshell, should end this thread. Anything afterwards is just blabber. This hit the nail on the head.

With the Nike signing, they’ve already failed to ruin him financially.