Kapernick to be resigned with the NFL in the following week

No, it wasn’t.

I didn’t think so either.

There was this in the post you quoted:

‘‘Lastly it comes down to talent and Kaepernick wasn’t good enough when he was still playing let alone now after years away from the game. He went 1-11 his last year playing and threw for a whopping 5 yards through three quarters before getting benched for Blaine Gabbert. He was always a gimmick QB (read option) that struggled once defenses figured out how to negate the read option.’’

Seems to reference playing ability to me.

@theduke
This was the quote.

THIS IS THE ENTIRE QUOTE:

Nope, that’s not what I responded to.

It only “seems” like that when you edit the rest of the post out.

Anyways, back to the topic. Nike’s massive profits after signing Kapernick prove that he’s no longer toxic and trump supporters’ faux paus outrage doesn’t mean squat anymore.

1 Like

Nike certainly has a much larger base, here and worldwide, that let’s it be less concerned with the redneck US market than the NFL owners need to be.

The Kapernick symbol play well internationally, IMO.

Also, IMO, I believe he overplayed the issue for himself, personally. I think he should have give the kneeing thing a season, made a statement he was continuing the ‘‘struggle’’ but ending the kneeing. But, that’s just my opinion.

Gruden has already said he should be on a team and the Raiders are having a tough time of it with Carr. Tell me who the Patriots back-up is without Googles help? Yeah thats what I thought. Its not mid-season which somebody said. Robert Kraft recently celebrated Rapper Meek Mills release from prison in his box at a game. Hmmmm

Hey fellow poster who actually watches football and understands the nuances of it. You are exactly right about the read option. It was a gimmick offense, much like the Wildcat was back in 2008. At first defenses struggled with it but eventually figured it out and it lost its effectiveness. It can still work on the occasional play but not full time as it did the year Jim Harbaugh and his stellar defense led a flawed offense to the superbowl.

Your also spot on about Carolina and Cam Newton. The second problem with the read option is that it requires your QB to run a lot and take a lot of hits. A running QB means that huge linebackers and d-lineman get a lot of hits in on the QB. It gets QB’s hurt, especially since most of the time they are smaller than the player smashing them. Newton is the exception because he’s the size of a tank.

Signing Kap and dealing with the baggage he brings is balancing act for any owner. The Raiders may be one of the easiest fits. Many others will need to be in serious need to sign him, plus there’s the fact that it’s been so long since he’s played. I don’t follow f’ball close enough to know who’s available, but the picking would have to be thin indeed to sign Kap. There’s also the cap room to take into account.

Gruden loves Carr, its the major reason why he decided to coach again. As for the Patriots, they have Brian Hoyer, a former starter who began his career in NE (didn’t have to Google, I’m a degenerate DFS player). They’re very comfortable with Hoyer as Brady’s back up.

Doesnt change the fact Carr isnt performing well. Hoyers???Houston Hoyer? Yeah Kaps going to the Patriots. He definitly would sit(Kneel) better in Oakland. Look at Lynch.

Do you know who the QB for the other team was in the game Kap could only muster 5 yards in was? It career backup Matt Barkley who was playing for the Bears and threw for over 200 yards. The Bears have been a train wreck for a long time.

As for talent on the team. His running back was Carlos Hyde who ran for 92 yards on just 20 carries which is a very good 4.6 yards per carry average. That also means the line was playing well. When you RB is running this well it forces teams to start stacking the box which for a good QB would open up the passing game even with mediocre receivers. Yet Kap was only able to complete ONE pass through three quarters of play. Oh and I was wrong on his yardage, I said it was 5 yards when it was actually 4 yards.

Now on the other side of the ball in this game was the aforementioned Barkley, then rookie Jordan Howard who is good but is basically a wash with Hyde, and a likewise bunch of nothing receivers.

So tell me about talent or lack thereof and how its the talent on the team that led Kap to throwing for 4 yards through three quarters while Barkley with an equally drab level of talent threw for 200.

Gruden isn’t going to bench Carr and start Kaep. Just stop.

I never said that. Kaps experience could be a help from the sideline

I don’t disagree that on talent alone he isn’t better than most back up QBs. I’m saying I don’t think an owner believes the media circus is worth it over a back up.

We can disagree

^ +1…,