Kansas will be the next hot spot

But someone might NEED to go in there to get a pamphlet on STDs, dontchaknow…

1 Like

We’re doing all of this to slow the spread so that hospitals don’t get overwhelmed. Not to protect you or myself from catching this ailment do to someone’s actions indirectly affecting us. People do things every day that have an indirect affect on others.

1 Like

They didn’t make it my business when I made the choice to mitigate my exposure. Wash your hands, don’t touch your face. We do that after handling the mail anyway. You should be fine.

Sure, but all I said was that if someone else’s decision causes me to get COVID, his choice has become my business. And that’s most certainly true.

So no Catholicism then?

You and me both. I understand the need for worship and fellowship…but if you knew that by walking into a church there would be 1 person there who was carrying a gun and enough ammo to kill everyone in the church, would you go? I would not. It is called being cautious. The fact that caution is being thrown out the window is what is problematic with this situation.

I hope most churches take heed and stay closed. Those that stay open…Cult status awaits.

If you have a personal relationship with god, why do you need a service? I grew up a reform jew. Really liked my comparative religion class in 10th grade Sunday School, where there were 4 of us kids. We visited all kinds of churches. I became an atheist, one of my classmates became Orthodox. You never know about people.

But I don’t understand congregating during a pandemic.

1 Like

Yes yes of course. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Actually, several conservative States tried to shut down abortion clinics, while several liberal States tried to shut down gun shops.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

That clearly applies to both parties, as both parties have amply demonstrated.

2 Likes

The supreme irony is about 2000 lives per day are snuffed out in those clinics and the left doesn’t seem to care about those.

2 Likes

I’m not aware of any Catholic churches looking to defy the distancing directives. They’ve either closed down altogether, or are live-streaming their masses.

Actually, some Catholic churches remain open for individuals to sit in the sanctuary and pray privately. And they instruct visitors to maintain proper distance guidelines. Some limit to 10 visitors max, and want visitors to spread as far apart as possible. But no public masses. I think all dioceses in the country have directed their respective parishes not to do masses or other gatherings.

1 Like

You would have to be Catholic to understand that. Devout Catholics are really missing mass and Eucharist. Yet they are willing to forego that for the sake of health and each other.

I would say you that you don’t actually have to be Catholic to understand.

Many noncatholics are missing services as well. :smile:

The poster was aware and looking for partial credit.

We have the objective acheived.

Hospitals not broke.

People are losing focus. Glad you are not.

Good point.

Because they are not lives. They are foetus, the vast majority aborted before they are even a mote.

Thank god that there is no god.

???
.WW, PHS

Imagine there’s no religion.