Kansas City radio station agrees to broadcast Russian-funded propaganda six hours a day

Sorry to say, yes. MSNBC canned him, and that was his next stop.

Wow. Thatā€™s all I can say, other than that makes me sad.

1 Like

The Russian Government paid $1.4 million to RM Broadcasting LLC to air Russian State Propaganda.

Good money if you can get it.

1 Like

And every other bat ā– ā– ā– ā–  crazy idea that pops up.

1 Like

America fires out propaganda worldwide via the Voice of America everyday.

I would feel far more threatened by our government stepping in and saying no, than I would be by the station carrying the Russian message.

Freedoms is sometimes a ******* *****. It means that neo-Naziā€™s can parade in public and maintain websites.

And, it means Russian oligarchs can broadcast messages we donā€™t like.

Sorry, I must unequivocally side with freedom, regardless of how distasteful we find the message, how distasteful we find the station for carrying it and how distasteful we find the sponsors for sponsoring it.

1 Like

Yes- it was disheartening, because he seemed like a true believer. Instead, he was a sell-out.

He probably seriously needed the money, but stillā€¦RT. :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I think it could be treated the same way I treat Fox. Interesting, sometimes entertaining, but not a primary source of information or truth.

It is pathetic that a radio station in the United States of America would take this deal in order to make a few bucks. Given that itā€™s a KC, Missouri AM radio station, Iā€™m guessing that theyā€™re broadcasting rightie ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  all day long, and this will fit right in.

You might treat it that way.

2 Likes

I would make the radio in their call sign identification say explicitly that they are broadcasting propaganda that is funded by the Russian Government.

If they would do that then they can spout out whatever they want.

It is only right that the audience knows the source of the information.

WZHF has been broadcasting Radio Sputnik fulltime in Washington DC since 2017.

Maybe itā€™s just the 6 hours of prime drive time thatā€™s new.

Itā€™s just a different station. For whatever reason, the one I posted didnā€™t make big headlines. Maybe because itā€™s in D.C.? :crazy_face:

Oh I get it- didnā€™t see it was a dif station. I wonder if Sputnik pays them to run their content? I just donā€™t get it.

This is capitalism today.

What are we supposed to doā€¦censor it?

Do what we can to call attention to the source of the information but thatā€™s really all we can do.

And people can choose to listen or not.

The market will determine if it stays on the air.

Itā€™ll stay on the air.

1 Like

I listened for about twenty minutes earlier and heard a very boring discussion on Brexit, with no apparent propaganda value.

NO point in hiding it anymore when itā€™s shown that it doesnā€™t matter.

2 Likes