Kansas City radio station agrees to broadcast Russian-funded propaganda six hours a day

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/01/kansas-city-radio-station-agrees-to-broadcast-russian-funded-propaganda-six-hours-a-day/
RM Broadcasting LLC has agreed to broadcast programming from the Russian state media program Radio Sputnik .

The Kansas City Star reports that the lease agreement lets RM Broadcasting air Sputnik’s programming “from 6 to 9 a.m. and 6 to 9 p.m. seven days a week. KCXL’s website, which says that it’s the radio station that will ‘tell you the things that the liberal media wont (sic) tell you,’ lists Radio Sputnik in its morning programming.”

I am not OK with this. Are any of you?

As long as the Russians are helping elect Republicans, who cares?

1 Like

Prime drive time!

The LLC had to register as a foreign agent

If they have properly registered as a foreign agent, the First Amendment pretty much protects this.

Not saying it’s unconstitutional- saying it’s wrong.

1 Like

Hey,… if there are ad dollars to be made for airing Russian Propaganda… who am I to say it is bad or good?

2 Likes

Someone did the market research and figures this is what that listening audience will be into and that the advertisers will be all over that. Thanks capitalism.

1 Like

Not me. Not sure why we allow RT on cable, either.

1 Like

This is where we are now. No longer do Russians have to masquerade as Americans with differing opinions on FB and Twitter. Now they just buy radio time, and don’t even try to fool us.

1 Like

We need to hear both sides!

2 Likes

And look who we’ve got on RT spouting propaganda:

Rick Sanchez

Chris Hedges
Chris Hedges

Max Keiser
Max Keiser

Larry King
Larry King

Jesse Ventura
Jesse Ventura

Sean Stone
Sean Stone

Lee Camp
Lee Camp

AMERICANS. That makes it even more powerful. I am sure Sputnik will be the same.

I really don’t even see anything wrong with this.

They have followed the law, found a willing broadcaster and sponsors.

People can choose to believe their babble or not.

Jesse Ventura (who I know likes his conspiracies) and Larry King? Never really watched him, but I’m still surprised.

Sorry- disagree. This is propaganda. 5 years ago, no American radio station would agree to air Russian propaganda.

1 Like

I agree completely.

1 Like

Russian are well known for fact-based journalism unlike CNN.

3 Likes

Ed Schultz, until he dropped dead. They must pay well.

Seriously? Now I’m shocked.

and this is why people think the world is flat and vaccine cause Autism,

6 Likes