Kamala Harris wants to give out free money

She want to give 500 a month to those that make under hundred grand per year and 250 per month to those that make 50 grand or less.

Now my question is why didn’t they do that before Obamacare? Wouldn’t that been cheaper and allow the people to shop for the best insurance that represent them?

Seems to me when they did Obamacare they didn’t thought it out too well because their were better and cheaper ways of helping American people.

American families making less than $100,000 a year could be eligible for a monthly tax credit of up to $500, or $6,000 a year, under new legislation announced Thursday by Democratic U.S. Sen. Kamala Harris of California.

Individuals making less than $50,000 would be eligible for up to $250 a month, $3,000 a year.

Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article220239985.html#storylink=cpy

Wait wait wait…

A Democrat proposed Tax Credits and suddenly it’s giving out free money? LMAO!

What the hell was Trumps Tax Cit bill then? Hahaha, amazing.

4 Likes

Wait they don’t have Tax credits in America? we have had those of low income houses for ages in Canada.

Republicans have been talking about another round of tax cuts. It looks like Harris is trying to beat them to the punch.

Republican don’t want tax cut for low income families.

Of course not. But they will always try to sell it like that.

I actually brought this up on other forum couple years ago.

They should have given low income families the money providing they have proof of health insurance, or to buy insurance with. It would have been cheaper then Obamacare and allowed the free market to exist.

Whether they put part of that money in catastrophic insurance and rest in health saving account. It would have been much better then what we have now.

Can you agree with that?

I agree with the fact that the ACA tried to do way too much in a short period of time.
I would have preferred that they would have started with certain insurance reforms that would have been better supported by the insurance companies.
I hear what you are saying and agree that your idea has merritt. But it would have not helped those who were not insured.

1 Like

Well if goverment made the check out to trust fund of some kind that goes into insurance/healthcare account they would have insurance then would they not?

And it would been lot cheaper IMO. Then we could have worked on per-existing conditions.

I believe their is a way to help people and save money if we can work together. But the problem is middle man like insurance companies and yes pharmaceutical companies need their massive cut.

The issue with Government “Trust Fund” is the government tend to rob them to fund other program which is why Social Security is running out.

2 Likes

Because he was the first black president. That’s literally the reason why Obamacare had to be a Frankenstein insurance bill in order to keep the Tea Party from turning into a revolution.

There was a public option that couldnt get the votes.

Medicare for all

Why does she hate low income earners.

A good Progressive would be giving $500 to those who make under $50K, and only $250 to those from $50K-100K.

Why not simply cut the lower-tier tax rates?

Damn, I wish our pols would start talking about cutting spending instead of shrinking an already-inadequate revenue stream…

But for what it’s worth, this is a rather simple and broad tax cut proposal. No special interests. No complications. No conditions (other than income levels.) Straightforward. If there has to be a tax cut, I could get behind this.

Everybody supposedly wants this until it’s time to start cutting. Do you remember how apoplectic your people were when some monuments were closed during the sequester?

Was there…I do remember something about it but quickly died.

No…

Trying to buy some votes for the primary.

1 Like

Oh I agree.

But she floating idea even thou it was just briefly during health care discussion. But big insurance and pharmaceutical companies wanted nothing to do with it.

Primary’s are still going on? Thats wicked close to Election Day.