KAMALA BERNED: Sanders Rips Harris Over ‘Medicare for All’ Flop, Hamptons Fundraisers

Originally published at: KAMALA BERNED: Sanders Rips Harris Over ‘Medicare for All’ Flop, Hamptons Fundraisers | Sean Hannity

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders ripped his 2020 Democratic opponent Kamala Harris Monday afternoon; mocking her position on ‘Medicare for All’ after attending a Hamptons fundraiser with wealthy donors.

“I don’t go to the Hamptons to raise money from billionaires,” Sanders tweeted. “If I ever visited there, I would tell them the same thing I have said for the last 30 years: We must pass a ‘Medicare-for-all’ system to guarantee affordable health care for all, not just for those who can afford it.”

I don't go to the Hamptons to raise money from billionaires. If I ever visited there, I would tell them the same thing I have said for the last 30 years: We must pass a Medicare for All system to guarantee affordable health care for all, not just for those who can afford it.

— Bernie Sanders (@BernieSanders) August 19, 2019

Harris swiped at Sanders healthcare proposal at the East Hampton event; confirming she “still believes in capitalism.”

“I have not been comfortable with Bernie’s plan,” Harris told potential donors.

Recent polls show Sanders taking the top-spot in New Hampshire; topping Democratic frontrunner Joe Biden by 6%.

“Gravis Marketing has released its first 2020 New Hampshire Democratic Primary poll and finds Sen. Bernie Sanders sitting atop the Democratic Primary field with 21% of the vote. Former Vice President Joe Biden took second place with 15% of New Hampshire Democratic primary goers supporting him. Behind Sanders and Biden, Sen. Warren is at 12% respectfully followed by Mayor Buttigieg with 8%, Sen. Kamala Harris at 7%, Rep. Tulsi Gabbard at 5%, Andrew Yang and Tom Steyer each with 4%, and Rep. Julian Castro and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke at 2%,” reports the Polling Firm.

“It is important to note that Sen. Sanders won the New Hampshire Democratic Primary in 2016,” Doug Kaplan, President of Gravis Marketing stated. “However, it is unlikely that Sen. Sanders will have a repeat of his 2016 performance in the state due to the number of candidates in the race this time.”

Other polls show Sen. Sanders and Elizabeth closing the gap with Biden in Iowa, California, and Nevada.