Just when you think you've heard it all, Chicago Elementary Principle invites cop hater

A lazy person is something that annoys me the most. A quick Google search will inform you that as far as murder rates, per capita, Chicago is way down the list. As a matter of fact, Memphis Tennessee and Jackson Mississippi rank higher.https://host.madison.com/news/national/the-cities-with-the-highest-murder-rates-in-the-us/collection_33b57fa7-d832-502d-ad55-aa29609b9a57.html#1
And as far as violent crimes per capita, again, Chicago is low on the list, behind Beaumont Texas and Little Rock Arkansas.
https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/the-most-dangerous-cities-in-america/28/
When you’re here to debate facts, let me know, until then, you’re wasting everyone’s time.

1 Like

None of that changes the content of the linked article.

It’s a rough town. It’s always had a ridiculously high murder rate going back to the turn of the 20th century.

TIC. This is Chicago.

2nd Amendment solutions…I thought the Right Wing approved of those.

This thread tells us more about the warped, sensationalistic reporting of Fox News than anything else.

If content is what you’re concerned about, why not mention Beaumont Texas or Jackson Mississippi? We know why you only mentioned Chicago. Its apparent.

Walgreen’s sells vodka in Chicago?

It’s in the self-medication aisle.

Crappy jokes aside, a Walgreen’s by me has a full liquor store.

Jackson is… complicated. The danger depends on what neighborhood you’re in. The street matters.

South Jackson neighborhoods off of McDowell, Bailey Ave, Ellis Ave., West HWY 80 are pretty bad. Gallatin St. can be rough. State St. gets a bad rap but in my experience it’s not that bad.

West Jackson is bad in general, especially the area between Jackson and Clinton. Historically this was the wealthy part of Jackson but things started to fall apart in the late 90s and accelerated after Katrina in 2005. The people who could leave went to Clinton or moved up north to Ridgeland or Madison.

It really depends on where you’re at, though. The safest parts of Jackson are the suburban townships. Pearl (which has made a remarkable turnaround; that place was crap when I was a kid and lived there), Richland, Brandon, Madison, and north Ridgeland. Byram and Terry are plagued with property crimes but murders and assaults are rare.

I’ve never been in a Walgreens that did not sell liquor.

Probably. I lived in Southern Illinois and the Wal Greens there sold beer, wine, and hard liquor.

The most beer I’ve ever drank in one setting was purchased at the Walgreens on Canal St. in New Orleans. Or was it a CVS? I was pretty ■■■■■■■ wasted. Lol

1 Like

Your “drug” of choice at the time?

:wink:

Really! I had no idea.

They don’t in Texas that I’ve ever seen. We have Specs.

I know they didn’t at the time I still lived in McKinney, Texas from 1993 to 2004.

Had to drive 7 miles up the road to the nearest package liquor store or go to a bar and grille to wet our whistles.

The county where I lived in Illinois had the distinction at one time of being 8th in the nation for beer consumption in a county without a brewery.

When I go to Walgreens, I don’t purchase liquor there.

Actually, I didn’t mention anything. I simply posted an article that happened to come up right as we’re discussing something about Chicago. And I just posted it as a point of relevance in reply to a side conversation about the safety of liberal cities. You seem hung up about other cities. Let’s discuss them in a thread about those cities if it’s that important to you.

PS: Those towns weren’t mentioned in the linked article, so they weren’t part of the content. Not sure why you think they were.

Whatever Specs are, we don’t have any of those.