Just remember the Confederates were Democrats

If you’re opposed to the removal of statues of Confederate soldiers or politicians, then just remember that, as progressives/liberals are told all the time, the Confederacy was a creation of the Democrats. That should make you sleep better at night. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I know this, but the people who don’t get this love to tell us that the Democratic Party was the party of slavery, so they should be celebrating the removal of Confederate statues.

3 Likes

So let’s tear down these Confederate statues!

1 Like

And lets burn books too while we’re at it.

My God…do you guys ever listen to yourself?

4 Likes

There are not monument or statues for the bad guys in WWII, did we all collectively forget they existed?

1 Like

Do you think the statue of Saddam in Firdos Square should have remained standing?

1 Like

Saddam who? without a statue i couldn’t possibly know this man existed.

8 Likes

Personally I don’t care if they take all the statues down, I am a second generation immigrant and have no ties to the confederacy, but I draw the line on how it’s done. If the city and people vote to remove a statue so be it. However an angry mob doing it no I don’t approve no differently if an angry mob took down a Malcom X statue, I wouldn’t approve.

Plus another relevant question when does it end? I would imagine it doesn’t it will go right down the list of the founding fathers next and I don’t approve of that period.

1 Like

I am against that for several reasons, one being, it’s a childish response and another being…from a historical perspective, recognize it’s our history and if you are ignorant of that, “we” are destined to repeat it.

3 Likes

We had better put up a statue of Benedict Arnold. I fear what might happen otherwise.

Don’t fear. I’m here. :sunglasses:

Are you? Clearly not for a conversation. Oh well.

2 Likes

Sure I am and I simply pointed out that your chosen response is childish. That ends the conversation. :sunglasses:

Why is it childish? Aren’t you claiming we will forget history unless we have statues to remember the bad guys?

There are many things my friend, you may not understand today, that happened yesterday in our country. How do you think history will look back on these senseless riots? How do you think history will look back on the idea of defunding the police? Will there be a statue of some BLM hero posted soon, that history will disavow later? Who knows but what I do know is that what happens in this country…IS it’s history and just because we can not relate today, with the mindset of our country yesterday, does not give anyone the right to destroy it. Grow up.

4 Likes

Personal attack aside, aren’t you arguing that we will forget history if we tear down statues? Have we forgotten Hitler? Stalin? Benedict Arnold? I’m just checking your logic here.

Me and my boys took a tour of gettysburg, couple of years ago. There is part of the tour that you go down what is called confederate row. It would set the whining revisionists heads on fire if they saw it.:rofl:

1 Like

Is Hitler our history…or those that courageously fought against him? If someone erects a statue to a MOH winner fighting Hitler, I have no desire to tear that down…even though these statues were vandalized during these senseless riots. No one has the personal right to tear down a statue. If Congress decides to do it though, that is the will of the people and once again, I have no problem with that outcome…even though personally, I may not agree.

Slavery was regional, not political.

The removal of a history is an old totalitarian tactic. Once the factual history is gone the indoctrination period can begin with revisionist history that is more in alignment with the agenda.

1 Like