Just don't call it open borders

I have an idea, let’s build a big wall and keep most of the illegal migrants out so we don’t have to send so many back and, therefore, redeploy our immigration resources to deal with the legal migrants.

2 Likes

Only because there are far more here to deport. 1.7 ■■■■■■■ million! And that’s just the ones who were caught.

1 Like

No. Illegally in the country, claiming asylum, waiting for a hearing.

1 Like

Caught? I thought it was open border season!

THAT!!!

Is a splendid idea. I give it a second.

Plus…if we ever have a deadly pandemic a physical barrier would help control the spread.

That makes way too much sense…Because you know they will buy tall ladders or something.

3 Likes

Maybe this puts your point in some perspective. More than 400,000 sneaked over southern border and got away in past year, former Border Patrol head says | Washington Examiner

“MCALLEN, Texas — The U.S. Border Patrol reported more than 400,000 people who illegally crossed the border were able to get away without being arrested over just the past 12 months, according to the agency’s previous leader…“We have over 400,000 documented gotaways, people or incidents, where people cross the border, got away this last year,” former Border Patrol Chief Rodney Scott said in an interview that aired on Fox News Tuesday evening.”

Those are the gotaways this year, over 400,000.

Now I hope I’m interpreting this data correctly, but from the Customs and Border Patrol website for fiscal 2020…https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sw-border-migration-fy2020.

There’s a chart on that link that shows the total SW Border Encounters for 2020 were roughly 400,000.

“In Fiscal Year (FY) 2020, during the month of September, a total of 54,771 individuals were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border, compared to 47,283 in August and 38,536 in July. In FY19, a total of 851,508 individuals were apprehended between ports of entry on our Southwest Border…1 Beginning in March FY20, USBP Encounters statistics include both Title 8 Apprehensions and Title 42 Expulsions. To learn more, visit: Title-8-and-Title-42-Statistics”

Biden’s job as President, Harris’ job as Vice President and “Border Czar”, Mayorkas job is to ensure American’s Homeland Security…They are all failing to do their jobs. Intentionally…That is the only expectation for the way this administration has almost completely ignored the crisis at the southern border.

How can these clowns keep their jobs given that dismal performance?

3 Likes

Why were any caught? I thought it was open borders?

You are right. “Caught” is probably the wrong word. Most who are in custody turned themselves in.

2 Likes

1,700,000 arrested in the past fiscal year ending oct 1st.

Doesn’t sound like open borders to me.

Allan

Good honest immigrants applying for asylum.

Instead of illegally crossing the border.

We should be applauding them for doing it the legal and above board way.

Allan

Do you invite an infinite number strangers into your house without knowing who they are?
A simple yes or no will do.

Lol. A nation isn’t a house it’s a nation.

But we do get information on asylum seekers, they get a hearing and either it is granted or they are deported.

Allan
Allan

How can one tell the difference?

So 0% have phony asylum claims? I suppose if they are all honest as you are implying then we shouldn’t need asylum judges.

Never said that. There are always gamers of a govt system trying to get over.

there are many legit asylum claims however which is why asylum seekers are granted a hearing.

Allan

“Invite”?

We have had asylum laws for decades. We have been a desirable country for longer. Who needs to “invite” immigrants? We require zero marketing.

However to answer your question, no, I do not invite an infinite number of people to my house. However I suspect my house isn’t as interesting as the entire US

Why would we fly around immigrants who illegally crossed? Can you think of a reason?

We have arrested and deported millions… we don’t need to fly them around… we seem to be pretty good at kicking most out.

They can be honest with their claims (following the law), see a judge, and still be denied entry.

Some lie about their claims purposely. Some may not know that their claim doesn’t ultimately meet criteria.

LOL A sovereign “nation” has secure borders. Go wander across the borders in some European countries and approach a a border official and say “asylum”, see how that works out for you