Just asking...Nothing Political unless you want to talk about the politics of it...How many of us have been vaccinated as of today?

The big “if” as I see it is how much this thing can mutate and how often? Some virus folks that I have heard said that it might be a few years before we know how this little bugger changes.

They already know how these two variants have changed…it’s different mutations on the strands of RNA in different spots on the strands that make up the spikes.

Or did you mean by what mechanism they changes is made?

I can honestly see a market for a single shot, rapidly deployed dose with a trade-off of less effectiveness.

And I heard the CEO of J&J this morning say the same thing. I also heard a Doctor say that perhaps we should be using the Moderna and Phizer in a one shot strategy to get more people some level of protection quickly.

1 Like

Pfizer. First shot just a sore arm for a day, second shot some muscle aches the following day easily countered with tylenol. Don’t take Motrin, it lowers the vaccine efficacy.

Felt fine the following day, no big deal. Totally worth it.

1 Like

Quite honestly, if you got two shots of the Janssen vaccine you would be in the 90s.

Still an option, just needs to be tested.

My wife has had both shots of the Pfizer vaccine. She’s an RN at a local hospital.

I am young and relatively healthy, so I don’t expect to have access to the vaccine for a couple of months.

Any side-effects?

As I said in another thread my mom got hers moderna shot recently. I think she gets part two next Saturday. Said her arm was a little sore the next morning, but it quickly went away.

Some soreness after the second shot.

Possibly a low fever after the second shot, as well - but she was fine the next morning.

No reason for that.

OIP

I would say Moderna for sure. At one dose, it is 80.2% effective vs Placebo…where as Pfizer is 56% effective vs Placebo in reducing the risk of infection. I could live with 80% but not 56 %.

I got my first Moderna. Scheduled for 2nd on 2/12.

1 Like

I am right behind you 2nd scheduled for 2/17…

I felt a little cruddy, but I used Tylenol the first two days and then on the weekend, When I got a headache on Sunday I used Ibuprofen for the headache. But that wasn’t from the vaccine…I always get a headache on Sundays.

No vaccine yet for me. Not planning on getting one unless it’s mandated for work, DMV, etc.

But for those that have gotten it, if it comes down to different strains becoming prevalent every year, will you get the newest vaccine yearly?

For me that’s the plan. If it ends up being like a flu shot where they fine tune it then so be it. My wife gets a flu shot every year for the past 10 years. The problem with flu shots is that they can’t fine tune them…it’s at best a guess. With this mRNA vaccine they can find tune them by just adding new strands of RNA to make sure we respond to the newer variants. It’s pretty simple…But the flu and COVID 19 virus’s are vastly different.

My mom got the Pfizer last Thursday…she’s 81 and she had no side effects at all, she said her arm barely hurt. I kept calling her to see and would expect her to finally have something to say and she never did. Which is good. She lives alone and I worry too much about her anyway.

Bad News Good News…My brother in law has COVID. Good News is my sister’s first dose of Moderna seems to have protected her. Silver linings huh?

1 Like

At the rate my state…it won’t be mid April at earliest for me.