Jussie Smollet and Myles Garret

Not many people have done more to damage race relations than these two clowns. Smollet lies to law enforcement without consequence and Garret tries to take a quarterbacks head off then claims the quarterback called him the “N” word. A quarter back surrounded by his own black team mates calls somebody the “N” word? Not believable. There were no witnesses and nothing was picked up those parabolic microphones that hear everything. Why is the never any consequences for this crap? The Browns should cut this race baiting jackass today.

2 Likes

I can think of a few.

3 Likes

So what should be the consequences for someone who is trying to ruin somebodies life by making false racial accusations. This charge could easily destroy somebody.

The pic didn’t show up.
What do you think the penalty should be for trying to destroy someone through a racial hit job?

Nothing. Rudolph is more than welcome to take it to the civil courts. If he opts not to…nothing should be done.

I get it. If nothing else works, play the ole race card. It’s pretty evil stuff.

You can sue them that is the consequence.

Garrett and Rudolph were on the ground together for a bit with no one too close by. Guess the racist slur could have been said then without any other witnesses, but it’s hard to take the word of a helmet swinger seriously.

1 Like

After the game, Garrett apologized to Rudolph. Said the usual stuff, “that wasn’t who he was,” etc.

Then when he’s trying to get his suspension lessened, he lies about being called the n-word.

Rudolph should definitely take him to court now.

Yeah, he should definitely be upset, but could a court really prove one way or another if a racist slur was said or not said?

Also, Myles Garrett has said he’s ok with white people using the n-word

Three questions:

What is the penalty in the NFL for using the “N” word?

What is the penalty in the NFL for falsely accusing someone of using the “N” word?

Where is the sound recording from the incident?

I don’t think there’s a penalty for N-bombing. Maybe a flag on the field and 15 yards if a ref hears it

Where do you get that info? I would bet if a player is proved to have used it, a suspension would follow.

On the field or off of it ?

I don’t like it at all. But if on company time, there should be a suspension for using it or accusing somebody of accusing it.

There isn’t.

There were a couple of instance of 15 yard penalties for using the word (and you’ll like who the first guy cited here is :slight_smile: ):

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/26/nfl-n-word-penalty-unsportsmanlike-conduct

There are only two known cases of officials penalizing players for using the word—49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick (who denied saying it) and Buccaneers receiver Louis Murphy, both in 2014

If you read the article, each time was only a flag. Not sure if they were fined afterwards, but it isn’t unusual for any unsportsmanlike penalty to come with a fine.