Julian Assange: Russian Asset

Actually our country is in much better shape under Trump than it was under Obama. :wink:

That’s false.

Its quite interesting how our host went from believing everything Assange said to scrubbing him from his Twitter feed.

1 Like

Trillion dollar deficits in an economy that’s now growing slower than it did under Obama?

Daily assaults against civility and further erosion of our republican institutions?

Um…no.

No he didn’t find evidence of “collusion”.

The economy has taken off under Trump. We will see how Trump’s deficits compare at the end of his second term.

Civility has taken a turn for the worse and I fully blame the Trump haters.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

Second quarter GDP is forecast to be 1.3% and the odds of 3.0% this year are slim.

It was a transient blip.

You can 't point to a single quarter and compare it with Obama’s 8 year term

I’m not.

He’s created fewer jobs than Obama did in an equivalent amount of time.

Longer-term trends for the economy are looking bleh.

He got a transient spike.

What happens when you go to the same well over and over and over.

Why do you think he’s begging for an interest rate cut now?

1 Like

So you missed the part where they had multiple contacts with Russian Foreign Intelligence in order to procure damning information on their political opponent?

I still don’t buy any of it.

So by your admission, there is no finding of collusion in the Mueller report??? :thinking:

Interesting…

During Obama’s first couple of years we were coming out of a recession. Of course more jobs were created. :roll_eyes:

At the end of Trump’s second term, then we can look back and compare with Obama’s economy.

Impossible to make any comparisons in the meantime, eh?

If one reads the Mueller Report, one would see that collusion is a meaningless term.

What the Mueller report does say, that even though there was not the overwhelming evidence necessary to prove that there was a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian Intelligence to effect the election, there was an effort by the Trump Campaign to gain intel from Russia and there was an effort by some in the Trump Campaign to lie and destroy evidence of their actions.

So… if people are fine with that then I don’t know what to say.

Mueller detailed each of the incidents he reviewed in his report. After reviewing each of those incidents he found no evidence of anything nefarious. If he had he would have indicted those responsible.

This really is straightforward stuff. LIBs can pour over this stuff repeatedly and read it aloud. They can have hearings. They can have Mueller testify………………

But in the end, nothing will change.

There was no collusion. Really.

#factsmatter

Sure we can. The economy is doing better. How do we know? Well one good indication is that Obama is trying to take credit for the booming economy. Would he be doing that if it wasn’t doing so well?

With my comments I was referring to the cherry picking of individual quarterly results. There we do have to wait until the end of Trump’s term to compare.

We don’t have to wait.

We can make projections and comparisons now. And we know from past experience that supply side effects are ephemeral…one of the many reasons why they lead to ballooning deficits. And supply side stimuli have become even more ephemeral and transient the more times they’ve been used.

And when I was saying Obama’s economy creates more jobs, I meant in the period towards the end of his second term…not in the period towards the beginning.

We actually do have to wait, and we will. That is a fact.

In regards to your assessment of Supply Side economics, you are simply conveying how Keynesian advocates feel. I would expect nothing less from you. :wink: