JUDY WEIGHS-IN: Judge Judy Officially Endorses Mike Bloomberg for President

Originally published at: JUDY WEIGHS-IN: Judge Judy Officially Endorses Mike Bloomberg for President | Sean Hannity

Television star Judge Judy Scheindlin officially endorsed New York Billionaire Mike Bloomberg for President of the United States Wednesday; despite the former Mayor’s reluctance to enter the 2020 race for the White House.

“We’re hopelessly divided, and a bitterly divided family cannot thrive. The only way we can begin to come together again, I said, is if Michael Bloomberg, former mayor of New York City, becomes our next president,” wrote the judge in an op-ed for USA Today.

Judge Judy says Michael Bloomberg presidency is "best chance to bring America together again" https://t.co/5iopsCtRet pic.twitter.com/Y8T7SNxyjm

— The Hill (@thehill) October 16, 2019

“I realize I am taking a personal and a career risk in making such a statement. I have carefully stayed away from politics for 50 years, except to vote. But times have changed in our country, and I believe the moment has come for me to step out from behind the curtain. I want to speak honestly and from the heart — regardless of the consequences,” she added.

"I have carefully stayed away from politics for 50 years, except to vote. But times have changed in our country, and I believe the moment has come for me to step out from behind the curtain," writes @JudgeJudy Sheindlin in @usatodayopinion https://t.co/LrjGQ4Af9D

— USA TODAY (@USATODAY) October 16, 2019

“I realize Michael Bloomberg said in March that he will not run for president in 2020 (though he might be reconsidering that position, according to anonymous sources). I respect his comment — but our political landscape has changed profoundly since he made it. There is ferment on the left and the right, candidacies are rising and falling, and this has created an opportunity for Bloomberg, a man of the center, to change his mind,” concludes Scheindlin.

Read Judge Judy’s full op-ed here.