Judiciary Requests More Funding to Afford Influx of Trump Judges

I’ve answered your questions. You just don’t like the answer.

Yet you have not answered my request to cite a single time that the budget for article III judges was reduced.

No you haven’t, where is the money? Those seats were open so the courts weren’t hearing cases and the judges weren’t being paid.

If that money was appropriated where did it go?

I answered your question. Go back and read for yourself. I don’t care to repeat myself simply because you don’t like the answer or don’t care to read it.

I will ask again… can you cite a single time that the budget for article III judges was reduced?

I’ll go back to my original statement that you don’t seem to understand how budgets are created. Just because Trump added a bunch of new judges does not mean that more $$$ are needed to pay those judges. All of those judges are put in the budget.

That is a good question.

1 Like

$200k+ a year?! Hell, I’d like to volunteer my services, then! Also willing to travel!

2 Likes

200+k per year to sit on top of a box and talk down to people.

How many people are doing that for free right this minute? :thinking:

1 Like

$200k a year to lock more of us up.

1 Like

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

1 Like

It looks impressive.

Until you realize that most of these Judges could command $300,000+ in salary and bonuses on top of that in the private sector.

It has only been very recently that the Article III judiciary reached a reasonable and reliable pay structure and that was a result of a court case that was resolved in 2013.

I have absolutely zero issue with the pay of Article III judges.

Of course they could. Why don’t they?

Perhaps because they find career fulfillment on the bench that exceeds the remuneration.

The same reason that somebody like Jack Weinstein worked a full caseload in the Eastern District of New York until age 98, rather than retiring on full salary and hitting the links.

Judges enjoy their positions. The job is fulfilling and they enjoy doing it.

It is one of those situations where the satisfaction gained from the job is worth more than the money.

1 Like

So power.

2 Likes

I will just agree to disagree with you on that point.

Well, to be one of those big money private sector lawyers you have to work your ass off. And you always have to be hustling to bring in that next big client or win that next big case. On the other hand being a federal judge means regular working hours, and really great benefits. Plus it makes you a pretty powerful person. I guess it just depends which way you want to go.

Surely you aren’t claiming altruism?

And getting your ass kissed until you need a Chapstick chair probably helps.

I could get used to it.

1 Like

That kind of power is no doubt intoxicating.

No you haven’t you claimed each of those judgeships had been funded.

The budgets don’t get cut because each of them spends more every year.

If those judgeships and courts were funded by appropriations where is the money?

I don’t personally know any federal judges but I do know a far number of state judges, DA’s, and a few federal prosecutors.

I’ve asked many of them various ways at different times about why they desire to be judges at all.

Generally I find that it was the reason they went into law in the first place and for many it is because they specifically had an agenda that they wanted to enact after reaching the appeals courts.