Judge tosses House Dems' lawsuit over Trump's use of emergency military funds for border wall

Kind of what I expected. This is a political fight between two co-equal branches. Courts have no business interfering in that dispute.

Washington, D.C., district court Judge Trevor McFadden threw out House Democrats’ lawsuit seeking an injunction against President Trump’s emergency border wall funding reallocation, saying that the matter is fundamentally a political dispute and that the politicians lack standing to make a legal case.

Well, we’ll see what the D.C. Circuit says. Then we’ll forget about that too, cause it doesn’t mean anything.

Then we’ll see what SCOTUS says.

1 Like

This likely will make it to SCOTUS. I’m betting they let the executive and legislative branches settle it amongst themselves.

Of course it’ll get to the Supreme Court.

No one else can decide something like this.

He cannot fund the military. But as commander in chief he can direct them. But I agree with you. I give it about a 50/50 chance of getting by the scotus.

1 Like

100% chance it’ll get to the Court.

1 Like

I’m in agreement here.

No doubt about it. 50% chance of Trump winning. Maybe 60.Tops.

The House lawsuit is a separate lawsuit that was brought by the 20 states against the border wall. In the lawsuit from the 20 states, the Judge in that case temporarily blocked construction of Trump’s border wall.

Yep! But that was a targeted block. Doesn’t prevent Trump from moving forward in other areas.