Judge: Florida-based broadcaster is Russian foreign agent

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/judge-florida-based-broadcaster-russian-foreign-agent-63028749

“The American people have a right to know if a foreign flag waves behind speech broadcast in the United States,” said John C. Demers, assistant attorney general for national security. “Our concern is not the content of the speech, but providing transparency about the true identity of the speaker.”

“Rossiya Segodnya, according to the Justice Department, was created by Russian President Vladimir Putin in 2013 to “advance Russian interests abroad.” Its goal is to “provide information on Russian state policy and Russian life and society for audiences abroad,” according to Putin’s decree.”

At least we’re ever so slowly, probably 2 decades behind, publicly stating what Russia and/or Putin is doing in our country.

I wish they could do stuff like this for Internet media and/or Internet people but it sounds like it would be too expensive.

Having said that, it’s my personal belief that some people in the United States side with Russia. So they are not going to like this particular decision.

Wait a minute… Isn’t this a first amendment violation of their free speech rights? :joy:

Reading…is fundamental.

said John C. Demers, assistant attorney general for national security. “Our concern is not the content of the speech, but providing transparency about the true identity of the speaker.”

Is this mueller’s collusion??

There is a segment of our population that seems perfectly fine with Russian influence - as long as they find someone somewhere that will utter those 2 magic words - “no collusion.”

6 Likes

Count me in, I am perfectly fine with being able to hear what Russia or any other country or individual has to say. I for one do not want my government to pre-emptively shield me from speech it doesn’t want me to hear. How is this a controversial stance?

Yup…

I like Russians more than American progressives.

2 Likes

Thread on fur, 95 posts.

This thread, not yet 10.

Come on guys…

You think this is important?

Come on what?

They are working with a foreign government, they should register as a foreign agent.

I seriously doubt it’s going to hurt their broadcasts in any way. They won’t be required to run any disclosure notices, they won’t have a post a sign at the station, most advertisers and people won’t know about the requiment at all.

Now the one’s in Florida that are going to run Trump Speeches every day until the 2020 election . . . . that may run into some trouble.

Yes, Vlad’s mindless minions are very appealing to the American winger.

2 Likes

Boo, there is a Russian under your bed.

We know. You support a Russian backed president.

Beat the alternative, a Mexican backed one.

1 Like

I hope you realize that you just admitted that trump is backed by Russia and that you support that.

1 Like

Neither I or Trump has any control over who Russia backs. Man Democrats have come a long way from telling us how many foreign leaders loved Obama and how that was a good thing.

If you say so.

True or false, Russia will always prefer one US Presidential candidate over the other in any general election? The obvious answer is true. I guess that means the one they don’t should automatically win the election.

1 Like

They didn’t just prefer trump, trump preferred Russia. He changed the Republican platform to please the Russians for God’s sake.