Judge demands answers?

Both very publicly and very quickly in MHO.

Six month’s later and no one would have said “Boo”. “After careful consideration of my previous court submission, I’ve reevaluated and think I’m innocent.” Reasonable.

The day after pleading guilty and telling the press you lied in court? Very different.

WW

1 Like

To be honest, he just had to wait until the judge issued an ultimate disposition.

Fee fees.

It is irrelevant. Is repeating the stipulation of facts outside the courtroom a requirement? No, it is not.

4 Likes

That would have been the smart move. Of course they aren’t smart.

Adams’ charges:

Knowingly Entering or Remaining in any Restricted Building or Grounds without Lawful Authority

Violent Entry and Disorderly Conduct on Capitol Grounds

Obstruction of an Official Proceeding

Pretty standard and straight forward charges for these guys. I think this is simply a case of stupid criminal is gonna stupid. To hell with him.

1 Like

Of course it’s relevant - to the credibility of his sworn testimony.

1 Like

No, it absolutely is not. The default is truth under oath, lying to the media.

2 Likes

:rofl:

No, this is not the “default.” At least not in a courtroom.

Yes, it absolutely is. Hence the reason for the oath.

2 Likes

In a bench trial, the judge sits as the finder of fact. Judging the credibility of the testimony before him is just as much his responsibility as it is the jury’s, in a jury trial.

If he testifies under oath saying one thing, and then 10 minutes later, says something different to a reporter outside, the judge is 100% within his authority to demand an explanation.

Which he did. Under oath. Interviews with reports are not “facts.” And neither are judge fee fees.

3 Likes

alford and nolo are not the same thing. close, but not the same. i know this, and i’m not a “lawyer”

1 Like

Which is not the same as wanting to plead guilty.

For the purposes of this conversation, they’re functionally the same.

Sworn testimony is evidence, not fact. Words spoken to a reporter can be evidence, too.

“Fact” is a determination.

No problem with this.

Retard defendant should have kept his stupid trap shut at least until final disposition and sentencing, which was scheduled for June or July I believe.

He did not.

So he will rightfully take the consequences.

1 Like

A lot of wisdom in that.

These Americans apparently have not yet figured out how to be politically prosecuted / persecuted at the hands of the deep state.

3 Likes

one of these things is not like the other, one of these things is not the same

Inside. Not outside.