John Dingell Jr

John Dingell was the longest-ever serving member of Congress in American history, representing Michigan for more than 59 years. In 1944, at the age of 18, Dingell joined the US Army. He rose to the rank of second lieutenant and received orders to take part in the first wave of a planned invasion of Japan in November 1945. While in congress, Dingell was a champion of the Civil Rights Act and the Voters Rights Act. He also supported the Clean Air and Water acts; Medicaid and Medicare. In all, Dingell gave over 60 years of his life to serve and protect this country. After retiring in 2014, his wife Debbie was elected as his successor.

John Dingell was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in 2014. He died on February 7, 2019.

In a letter published by the Washington Post, Dingell shared these last words …

As I prepare to leave this all behind, I now leave you in control of the greatest nation of mankind and pray God gives you the wisdom to understand the responsibility you hold in your hands.

May God bless you all, and may God bless America.

Trump is a very bad person. That’s why he says things like this.

Sounds like an honorable man.

As always Trump shows what kind of person he is. And his supporters here love him for it.

1 Like

Shecky Trump will say anything for an audience reaction.

1 Like

That’s great and all, but he’s still in Hell because Trump says so.

Indeed. He dedicated his life to public service.

It looks as if the audience reaction was pretty unfavorable, leading to his quick backtrack. I’m not sure what Trump expected. Inferring that a well liked and long serving congressman was in hell, in front of an audience that the congressman represented, is a pretty bad idea.

Anybody who doesnt support trump has committed a cardinal sin, and belongs in hell…

Or so his minions think…

I read Debbie Dingell’s tweet in response to Trump’s comments. She was heartbroken that he could say such a thing. I really felt bad for her.

In addition to being a very bad person, he has very poor judgement.

■■■■ , maybe I should start supporting Trump.

Saw the reaction. It was mostly pained groans.

She was pretty nice considering.

2 Likes

Well that gives me some renewed hope.

Eagerly awaiting the “Trump was only joking! Libzzzzz have no sense of humor” defense as soon as the CEC fires up.

In the meantime, perhaps we’ll be treated to a few “Orange Man Bad” memes.

1 Like

Yeah Trump started backtracking immediately. “Well maybe. Maybe it’s just maybe. Who knows.” Because he only cares about the cheers.

I still defy anyone to show me where this man told a joke that wasn’t written for him.

I almost thought I’d have to stop saying this when he made a crack about the new lightbulbs making him look orange but he said it again at this rally and he was dead serious.

trump is a schmuck…

who ■■■■■■■ cares??

3 Likes