Jobless claimes double to 6.6M

Fair point but I think discussing jobless figures etc is going to continue.

Things seem to be going well in Florida.

“It’s a sh-- sandwich, and it was designed that way by Scott,” said one DeSantis advisor. “It wasn’t about saving money. It was about making it harder for people to get benefits or keep benefits so that the unemployment numbers were low to give the governor something to brag about.”

Republican Party of Florida chairman Joe Gruters was more succinct: “$77 million? Someone should go to jail over that.”

With hundreds of thousands of Floridians out of work, the state’s overwhelmed system is making it nearly impossible for many people to even get in line for benefits.

President Biden should get a handle of it if he’s able to recognize which state he’s in at the time, but then again he is running for the senate.

It’s not like this a global pandemic and all countries around the world that issued a stay at home decrees are shredding jobs, let’s hope its temporary. If Obama was president we would be experiencing the same crap, one might enjoy his press conferences more but we would still have people dying and being told to stay home. Never in my lifetime did two major news channels cancel covering the presidency doing press conferences during a crisis and I hope what goes around comes right back around to them when a democrat is elected. There will never be anymore partisanship, the nation is divided, stay off my lawn attitude, full Balkanization achieved :partying_face: :partying_face:

Obama did not have to go through a three year investigation 24/7 media covered blitz and then impeachment after three years over Fast and Furious, the media hardily talked about giving guns to murderers in Mexico next door but freaked out Russia ran some facebook ads which every top pollster has said wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the race.

Those of us on the right have been screaming China is the threat for years. I don’t remember Russia causing a global bio pandemic killing people in every country around the world, launching the world into what looks like a global economic depression, owning over a trillion in our debt, threatening to take all our medicine from us on state t.v. if we don’t shut up about the pandemic like they just did, and actually are saying we are the ones who started the pandemic. Instead Russia landed a plane delivering medical supplies to the very country that was accused of election interference while China big buddies of Democrats confiscated our medical supplies (From our Companies) including medical masks and ventilators to use it for themselves.

Who’s the biggest threat to America? China or Russia? If you say both or Russia ask yourself the last time your had to be sheltered in home over months at a time because you might end up in the hospital. The closest thing was when my parents had to be in fear the U.S. and Russia might go in to war, but even then at that time China was not our friends. Or as the saying goes the only person who can go to China is Nixon and Apple.

1 Like

It’s actually not going to be all that bad.

Despite the pork overall it’s a very solid recovery package.

Maybe supplement those purchasing COBRA as well.

Many folks that will be receiving the added federal unemployment money of $600.00 a week will be realizing an income gain.

1 Like

[quote=“zonulet, post:67, topic:229459, full:true”]

Maybe supplement those purchasing COBRA as well.
[/quote]Right- anything that can help people keep their benefits- so scary to go without insurance.

If folks have not purchased on the exchange before, depending on their income it may be quite shocking. COBRA might be a better deal. We paid 1200.00 a month for garbage ACA plan. COBRA could be the same price but superior coverage. During the previous recession the feds assisted with COBRA premiums. We need that now.

All I know is it’s a bad idea to go without health insurance. Keep coverage however you can.

The recovery package is allowing them to be kept on with their employers with full pay and benefits.

Basically the “loans” become grants as long as you provide evidence you kept your employess on the payroll.

To be eligible all you have to do is submit your 2019 Payroll and expenses to the SBA.

It can be done online in about five minutes even for a sole proprietorship.