Jersey is going to reinstutite the individual mandate statewide

Common sense like free speech zones and following police orders.

Allan

If folks like the O P are so happy in and so proud of New Jersey, why do they feel the need to put down others in states like Texas? If NJ is so great, why are so many moving to states like Florida?

Honestly, I find those who are really happy with something feel less of a need to talk about it, put it on display, put others down.

I think the OP should rent one of those Blues Brother cars with a loud speaker on top and drive down to Texas and drive all over the state telling those good folks what contempt he holds them in! :rofl:

Might be good UTube material? LOL

2 Likes

Samson – Sometimes the undertow is too strong to swim against. In New Jersey, for example, there are dozens of liberals for any conservative trying to “make his political stance universal.” They’ve made the state what it is. They want it that way. I want a place that is something very different. I’m very happy to be elsewhere.

1 Like

In fairness, nearly the entire population of NJ consists of people living in the NY suburbs. Those living in the Philadelphia suburbs rate an honorable mention though.

Basically they tried their ideas in NY. The ideas failed so badly they fled NYC. They try their ideas in NJ and surprise, they get the same result.

“Doctor! Every time I shoot myself in the foot, my foot hurts. What should I do?”

1 Like

Hey you made a post about guns
…awesome

Following police orders! Freedom!

The whole country is a free speech zone unless it’s private property.

It’s that darned insanity–doing the same things and expecting different results.

:pray:May they all thrive and prosper on the EAST coast!

Florida doesn’t want them.

That’s it!

College is a totally different issue altogether. Most people that live in Jersey and go to a college in Jersey do it to be close to home. Otherwise you go to a college that best suits you, and if you can afford it you go there. We have some good ones here, but there are good ones all across the country.

Oh, and if you go to Seton Hall, better get a body guard if you leave campus.

The east coast is great.
The water’s warm, come on in!

Sneaky.

LOL. your life as a protestor would be a short one if you disobeyed police orders. you’d end up in zip ties…LOL

I on the other hand, as a protestor obey all police orders. Never been arrested nor zip tied. Its called common sense. Not much of that down your neck of the woods I see.

Allan

At 1,210 persons per square mile NJ is the most densely populated state in the country, but it exists almost exclusively as a New York Suburb with a Philadelphia suburb as an afterthought.

NJ has 21 counties inthe NY suburbs
The 4 counties surrounding NYC have

• 40% of the NJ population,
  • both so-called NY Football teams
  • The NASDAQ Market site
  • The collection of institutions formerly called Wall St.
  • Even the NY Times.

Bergen County has 900,000 people, or 10% of state. (4,000 ppl per sq mile)
Essex County, 797,434 (6,300 ppl per sq mile)
Hudson County, 674,836 ppl (14,000 ppl per sq mi)
Union County, 555,786 ppl (5,400 ppl per sq mi)

Even the (fictional) Godfather moved to NJ.

Love it or hate it but “Jersey does XYZ,” usually means “New Yorkers did it.”

Except for the Philadelphia suburbs, the rest is pretty rural.

1 Like

My Dad graduated from the Hall back in 1956.

and seton Hall and south Orange you must be kidding.

ave household income in South orange is $123,000.

ward place…

Allan

Rural…LOL

The unpopulated parts of Jersey are swamps and barrens.

You know there is a place in Jersey called the great swamp

7800 acres of pristine swampland.

and the pine barrens

Rural…LOL

Allan

Out of curiosity how many people are un-insured in NJ?

And does the bill specifically spell out what “adequate” insurance for those in NJ is, or does it rely on a federal law that could be changed at any time?

Another $100 million is expected to come from revenues generated from the state’s proposed penalty on residents who fail to obtain adequate health coverage, she said.

Also they expect the re-insurance to cost 280 million - half covered by the feds (140 million). They expect 100 million in penalties. I see that as a 40 million deficit + any shortfall in the 100 million in penalty payments.

Oh another cul-de-sac environmentalist who hates the environment huh?

Anyway,
I see you’re not familiar with the garden state or how it got its name.

Try exploring the Delaware (river) water gap area or a S Jersey farmstand community. Or a S Jersey beach.

NJ’S got some nice places, but politically, New Yorkers shot themselves in the foot, crossed the Hudson and shot themselves in the OTHER FOOT.

“Wow! No matter which foot they shoot. It STILL hurts. What can they possibly do to make their feet stop hurting?”

1 Like

There’s gotta be a joke here somewhere.
New Yorkers, having shot themselves in the foot on both sides of the Hudson have come up with a solution.

They want to ban guns and mandate health insurance. (weak rimshot )

1 Like