Jason Rapert, AK State Senator tests positive

So you think he didn’t downplay the seriousness of the pandemic. Okay, thanks.

He called the virus “the biggest hoax in history “

Implying that you know what media someone sources may not be a broad brush but, it is kid of lame

1 Like

Media’s fault, experts’ fault, or Trump’s fault?

Which is not to single out Trump - there have been plenty of public figures, from politicians to ex-game show hosts, who have vocally dismissed the virus to one degree or another. But Trump IS the president. He could have used his position to lead the charge explaining the seriousness of the disease, could have vocally supported preventative measures, could have demonstrated those measures in his personal behavior.

1 Like

Come on, Apocalyto. Having a discussion is hard enough as it is.

2 Likes

I didn’t broadbrush. I wrote “most”

It’s one of them.

Is it? Thanks.

1 Like

All three.

“Who me?!” :innocent:

So when Trump downplays the severity of the virus or signals to the people that he doesn’t take preventative measures seriously or questions whether they are motivated more by politics than science that’s his own fault?

I think a much bigger hoax is that AK is state abbreviation for Arkansas :wink:

1 Like

If he did that and the numbers hadn’t already been up-played, sure.

“Signals”.

Like baseball signs?

That is the man who wrote it. The King Of Covid.

Just trying to ascertain whether we agree on how much responsibility a person has for their own words and behavior.

Very telling.

3 Likes

You don’t watch the signals. He said he was following the guidance and he was.

Now if I am the President and I see my Subject Matter Expert, my King of Covid, taking it as seriously as I see in that picture, how seriously should I take it?

Go to the Alabama church thread and look at the disinformation coming out of the media as posted by the left.

Yes, there is a virus. Yes it is contagious and spreading. Yes, people have died.

It is also being blown completely out of proportion by those who claim to love science. The media has the vast majority of people in this country convinced that a positive test is a death sentence and even the very few who survive will need an iron lung. And then they put every dumbass with a lab coat and opinion on there to further the hysteria.

The rest of them believe it doesn’t exist.

“There’s a study!”

I can find a study to say practically anything I want it to in a few minutes.

Yes, there is a virus. And we lost our ■■■■■■■ minds over it. Mostly because of what happened in NYC. And now round two is Florida and Texas. “See! SEE! I TOLD YOU!”

Barely a mention of California, why is that? Politics.

We are running around like idiots trying to keep from testing positive on a test.

Meanwhile exceptions for this and that. No this, plenty of that. Approving thousands in the street to protest? But Trump isn’t taking it seriously. Oh I know, I know, “there’s no scientific evidence that protests caused an outbreak!” Meanwhile those of us not burning ■■■■ up are “not allowed” to be productive not destructive.

Washington had 670 new cases yesterday. A third of them in King County, which means Seattle.

Oregon had 654. Want to bet where most of them are?

New York 605.

Is that better than Texas with over 4,000? Absolutely.

But is it taking it seriously?

20 people test positive from a church revival in Alabama. See! Told you! I haven’t set foot in a church since March, not because “Trump!” because I feel like it’s the right thing to do. But it’s hard to “take it seriously” when one looks at it objectively.

The Truth is posted in the thread by the same name. The Truth is we as a country handled this like a nation of little girls because of the experts and the media. We let them scare us out of our right minds. And now we believe cloth face coverings are going to save us and if everybody doesn’t agree it’s because “TRUMMMMP!”

Honestly, what do you think would be different with a dem in the chair? Would we be more appropriately terrified? More serious? Would Fauci not have told us we don’t need masks? Would a dem not be trying to open back up?

Honestly, what would be different?

3 Likes

At least 20% of them are dems.

It’s not a conspiracy. It’s incompetence on the part of the experts.

“For one thing, Biden would take it seriously. He would be serious. Things would be taken seriously. He would have a serious look on his face!”

I’m not going to argue it along party lines; rather, what would be different if someone other than Trump was in office? Hard to say anything with certainty because we’re dealing in alternate realities that can’t be proven. But what do I think?

• Perhaps a non-Trump POTUS would not have dismantled the executive branch’s science infrastructure
  • Perhaps they’d be less enthusiastic about rejecting the role science should have in informing policies of both Democratic and Republican administrations
  • Perhaps they wouldn’t dismiss a mysterious new outbreak by saying “Just stay calm. It will go away” and the next day hear WHO say it was officially a pandemic.
  • Perhaps they’d have more respect for the advice of virologists, epidemiologists, and experts in biomedicine
  • Perhaps they wouldn’t push unproven treatments/preventatives
  • Perhaps they wouldn’t undermine the recommendations of medical experts

But yeah - what could anyone have done differently.

2 Likes

Why is it Republicans only seem to care about something once it affects them directly?

1 Like