January 11, 2021 (Almost two full decades after 9/11) trial will commence in Guantanamo Bay (well, what will pass for a trial) for the 9/11 co-conspirators

That hasn’t been true for 100 years, if it ever was.

It COULD be possible to reduce the federal court caseload, by limiting diversity jurisdiction. That would limit caseloads and thus the need for new judgeships.

It will never happen, as it is generally beneficial for larger corporations to litigate in federal court and they will not likely permit Congress to close off that jurisdiction.

Goresuch agrees.

“We got this thing called a Constitution, right? And it starts with the three words, ‘We the People’ – not ‘We the judges,’ not ‘We in Washington,’ not ‘We nine old folks’ are going to rule the country," he says.

Speaking of which…he’s having interview on FOX with Shannon Bream in little less then hour and half of this post.

What a shame. They should’ve been summarily executed a long time ago. Such wasted resources.

Thanks.

And the courts are the tool that we the people set up so that we the disputants don’t have to use fists to resolve disputes.

Courts, and government in general, aren’t done TO us, they are what done for ourselves to make our lives better. And we should make sure that there are enough of them to meet our needs.

I’m watching it. I don’t trust him, but I like how he talks.

I take it back, he’s married to a brit.

I just hope he’s better judge then his fly fishing skills…clubbing the rod instead of using wrist.

I just noticed that Justice Gorsuch agrees with my assessment of the need for more, speedier trials.

I agree with Justice Gorsuch’s sentiments.

We need more Judges, both at the State and Federal levels. We also need more public defenders, significantly more public defenders if we are to protect the promise of Gideon v Wainwright.

There needs to be enough Judges and public defenders so that every defendant who desires to go to trial can go to trial.

I abhor what the abuse of plea bargaining has done to the system. On one hand, it allows for defendants to avoid convictions on some charges for the sake of convenience of the State. On the other hand, it is wielded as a bludgeon to coerce pleas from defendants by the threat of piling on more charges.

Once we have enough Judges, I would limit plea bargains to a limited number of scenarios, for example, gaining the cooperation of a defendant against another defendant.

Plea bargains should be a very rare occurrence, not a common one as they are now.

Ideally, either a defendant should plead unconditionally guilty or go to trial.