James Clapper: Russia DEFINITELY did sway the election to Trump

Hacking and stealing material from the DNC servers was an attack. Stop making excuses for criminals and people who have no regard for the law.

1 Like

I keep saying some of these people are like a gangbanger’s mom screaming that it’s the cops fault for framing her baby.

I disagree at least in part. Half of the people making this claim don’t seem to like Trump that much.

But they hate people that don’t like him far more which leads them to more and more contrarian positions.

I think they like him a lot more than they pretend. That’s just a thing they say to try to maintain credibility.

1 Like

It is hard to take your concern over lies seriously when you support the biggest liar of our lives.

1 Like

No, it’s saying just the opposite.
Hillary spent $140 million vs Trumps $58 million, in ads.
I think Russia is accused of spending $200K.
The whole thing is the product of liberal idiocy.

Russia spent millions. FYI…

The indictment alleges that an organization called the Internet Research Agency had a monthly budget of approximately $1.25 million toward interference efforts by September 2016 and that it employed “hundreds of individuals for its online operation.”

From your own article:
Talking about Russia’s operation-
“Nonetheless, it’s small as compared with the campaigns. The Clinton campaign and Clinton-backing super PACs spent a combined $1.2 billion over the course of the campaign. The Trump campaign and pro-Trump super PACs spent $617 million overall.”

Okay. I was not arguing that. Merely correcting your claim of $200K being all that was spent.

How much of that monthly budget went toward the advertising they did? How much went to other aspects of “agency”?

Example. if 1 million went to employee’s, that’s not going into swaying american’s in the election

That is not relevant to the point I was making, which was to correct the inaccurate claim that Russia only spent $200K in their attack on our country.

Besides, money spent is money spent. Even in your example, if $1MM went to employees of the agency, we know these employees were actively working to influence our election through their work. Ergo, that money was spent trying to sway our election results in favor of Trump.

I believe you are a 9-11 dispatcher (correct me if I am mistaken.) Your salary is money spent by the government to provide a service to the community. Your work is the end result of the money being spent to employ you. Same difference.

Money goes farther when you have no need to follow any laws.

It’s wasn’t terribly expensive to hack the DNC servers.

It’s still far less than other candidates spent, you can’t argue that. The amount of actual advertising they did (not even really advertising since it was only on social media) was extremely small compared to Hillary.

Still shows that either American’s are extremely dumb, or Trump found the golden egg of what American’s wanted. I’m going with a little of the latter, and a little of even Dem’s knew what a train wreck it would have been to give obama policies another 4 years.

I do not believe that is even up for debate. Combined the two candidates and respective PAC’s spent around $1.5BB or more even.

But that does not mean the targeted approach of the Russian attack was not still effective.

I think it was some of both here, personally. Trump said and promised a LOT, to a specific group of voters he needed to win in order to pull out the EC victory. He promised 25,000,000 new manufacturing jobs to the Rust Belt. That alone was not only a promise he will never be capable of keeping, but was enough to provide hope to Americans who do feel left behind.

You give Dems more credit than I do on this front. :wink:

That just tells me Trump’s social media director was much more effective than Hillary’s. Better and played dirtier.

They utilized targat advertising to get in front of people in key states…with the help of Russians

Boy that atari jaguar should have been flying off the shelves instead of being the flop it was.

Targeted socia media marketing is fairly cheap and effective. And remember it wasnt just the ads. There was the hack and release of the emails. As well as Russians able to mobilize Americans to rallies, with setting up, promoting, and at times coordinating (unwittingly) with Trump campaign staff and volunteers.

All of this helped the Russians sway the election towards Trump. Now just because the Russians interfered and helped Trump, that doesnt mean that the Hillary Campaign didnt make mistakes as well. But the Russians did have a significant impact.

Hillary was not able to counteract this with her $1.2 billion in spending?

Hillary lost because not enough people in not enough states wanted her to be President. If voters didn’t want Hillary because of a few Russian trolls (a ridiculous concept by losers) then it was still up to the American voters to decide to be influenced or not.
Major whining that just doesn’t end.

Who has social media and clicks on ads?

True weakminded fools who believe Russian ads got Trump elected, that work brigading on social media, need to share the same fate as their crazy, Soros blood drinking, anti American traitors.

Pathetic