Ivana Trump dead

Almost everything in my area, except the lowest class houses, have three levels, either two floors and a basement or two floors and a fully finished ground floor.

A person with mobility issues would need to invest in multiple stair lifts. :smile:

Well if you have money, there is always elevators.

Yep, single floor and walkout basement for grand kids/relatives.

1 Like

Unfortunately mine has two sunken areas, sun room and den. I already did a backflip coming up from the sun room once, luckily I didn’t get injured. It drives me nuts when the elderly visit, worrying about them falling.

I never understood why people have sunken rooms…if you want the extra ceiling height just make 9 foot ceiling through out…which gives you option for trim etc. 10 is even better but they don’t make 5 ft wide Sheetrock.

“Takotsubo” sounds like a burrito-like dish you’d find in the Philippines.

Old house, 1960, the sun room is an addition and the den used to be the garage. But as energy prices keep increasing I am fine without the ten foot ceilings in my old house, this one costs half as much to heat and cool.

the house you’re in now is built in the 60’s?

In 1960 yes, wife has a penchant for mid-mod.

I see. Just for record with new insulation out there. 10 foot ceiling would be far superior to 8 ft ceiling made in 60’s now.

Open floor plan mid modern houses are nice IMO.

Well, the additions are circa 1980, they pretty much surround the old sixties built core. Paying half to heat and cool it compared to my old house. Now I am going full solar so after that I won’t much care what it costs to heat and cool, because it won’t cost anything.

1 Like

May she rest in peace.

People of Palm Beach Fla loved her back in late 70’s and early 80’s.

Maybe a Filipino breakfast taco.

2 Likes

I hear those are unique.

2 Likes

And beautiful…

2 Likes

I have an old house, 1947, 10 foot ceilings throughout. Heat pump in the south, cooling at ~$150/month, heating at ~$250 for 2-3 months. 3000 sqft. Air handler is in the attic, otherwise I believe it would heat a lot more efficiently.

It refers to a pot used to store octopus. The shape of the pot is very similar to the appearance of the Left Ventricle, the pumping chamber of the heart, after a bout of Takotsubo. It balloons at the apex of the chamber to create a very distinct appearance. Plenty die from Takotsubo but if you survive, that heart tissue is often stunned and you can get most if not all function back in time.

1 Like

Seafood ingredients in a dish called Takotsubo would certainly be the proper approach.

She had some great kids .