IT'S ABOUT TIME: U.S. sending 1,600 immigration detainees to federal prisons

Are they using a SSN that belongs to someone else? Doesn’t seem like that would be that hard to figure out, if the government really wanted to be bothered with it anyway.

MS-13 or predators? I hope the desert sucks them dry.

So, they are getting SSN’s in Mexico and presenting them as proof of citizenship when climbing a fence?

I’m not sure I understand your point?

I am not a bleeding liberal, trust me on that. But seriously, what about the ones that are legitimate? How do we weed out the good from the bad?

Why would we care about the status of someone outside of the country? Why are you trying to change the subject? If someone uses a SSN to collect government benefits, why wouldn’t it be a simple matter to determine whether or not the SSN they are using actually belongs to them and not someone else? The IRS and the SSA don’t talk to each other. That’s part of the problem.

I am not changing the subject. I never mentioned SSN benefits or identity theft. I have no sympathy for anyone trying to game the system and that includes ANYONE who is a citizen of this country. They have my utmost disdain.

I am wondering WHY so many to go to a PRISON when we have the resources to construct, house and process. What about the legitimate asylum seekers who are caught up in this?

IIRC, Current prison farms grow food on the prison’s own lands and mainly for the prisoners.

Better to make them work than to simply lock them up and leave them to turn each other into maniacs.

s Too bad if they’re too busy or tired to do anything else. /s

MS13 should be deported directly into the custody of Salvadoran security at some remote airstrip.

… you know, so they could be fully accounted for by the local authorities.

A whole heck of a lot of detainees could be fixing our roads and making a decent commissary while they’re at it. They’d make even more money when they got out.

Lets not forget who all these new detainees are intended to benefit.

BoP facilities are only a temporary stop for these detainees.

As we speak, the first batch of 1,600 new beds is being contracted out to private prison operators.

Which is where all these detainees will eventually end up.

With reform of sentencing guidelines, the number of regular Federal prisoners was dropping and demand for private prison space was drying up.

This crackdown is for the sole purpose of feeding private prisons, who contributed mightily to Trump’s campaign. Their donations are now being rewarded.

Sorry all the naive people out there, this is NOT about illegal immigration, not for one ******* second.

More Trump suckers :rofl:

Oh it absolutely is.

It is all about rewarding your supporters, as BOTH parties.

Democrats are no better in this regard and no more honest either. But Republicans are equally guilty and this is a very obvious example.

Nope. We finally have someone interested in establishing a border unlike the open border of previous administrations.

Illegals don’t vote.

In theory each employer should have each an I-9 form (requires ID and SS card) when they are hired. In theory if this is done for evert employee, and if the government follows up, then hiring illegals becomes impossible.

Nice theories.

I’m not convinced that private enterprise will not be given prisoners to work the land for profit. These were the American gulags of the late 1800s/early 1900s.

1 Like

I would tend to believe in the sincerity of their motives a bit more IF they were sending these detainees into either BoP facilities, where populations could be rearranged to separate detainees from regular prisoners or if they were sent to State facilities that contract to hold federal pretrial detainees.

But they are going out of their way to send them to private facilities, when public space is available.

If they want me to have confidence in the motives behind their actions.

1. Use all public space available before going to private facilities.

2. Pass a comprehensive bill that adds additional immigration judges, Article III Judges, Marshals, Assistant United States Attorneys and other staff necessary to actually speedily try all these people they are purporting to arrest.

Because right now, they cannot try all the people they are arresting. It is impossible given the total lack of resources.

2 Likes

Thanks for the insights, Safiel.

They will.

I remember a guy at work like that. He said that he did not consider cheating on taxes to be wrong. He also didn’t consider speeding to be a real crime.