It's About The Land

Of course there is. In the Malheur case it is about driving the ranchers out to increase the size of the refuge. They don’t even try to hide it.

1 Like

Do you think they’re trying in increase the size of the refuge because they hate ranchers and want to hurt them?

Maybe they want to increase the size of the refuge because they believe that land should be preserved?

That’s an easement case.

A story of a family that bought land specifically for the purpose of selling easements for pipelines who litigated a case where they and the pipeline couldn’t come to a deal.

It doesn’t really resonate with your theme.

Yes. They don’t try to hide it.

Preserved? Cows eat grass, not land. There are literally 100s of studies that show ranching is actually better for land than not.

Ranchers are the best conservationists on the planet.

No cow ever ate an endangered turtle or butterfly either.

3 Likes

It was a case about pipeline companies granting themselves common carrier status for eminent domain purposes. Running over land owners.

Now they have to prove they are common carriers, the burden of proof is back where it belongs.

I think you’re assigning bad motives to them because it makes the emotional investment easier.

1 Like

Running over landowners who specifically purchased the land to profit from the pipelines that cross it.

HSC and the landowners negotiated for an easement, but failed to come to an acceptable deal. HSC, being a huge corporation, decided to use lawfare against the owners. They fought it and won.

This is how business works today.

:rofl: And I think you are defending their illegal and immoral acts because…

I don’t know why.

No cow ever killed and ate a duck either.

They allow hunting, not watering cows.

Business lost. So obviously it’s not how it’s going to work tomorrow.

Any bill that supports property rights is a good bill.

1 Like

This is kinda what I’m talking about.

I have no dog in this fight. I have no emotional investment either way, except to the extend that I personally believe that the beauty of the Southwest will be negatively influenced by corporate farming.

I am challenging your positions. That’s all.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is your enemy.

No. One business lost, and the other business won.

Based on what?

Have you heard me say a word about farming?

Stare decisis.

I’m a city boy. When I say “farming”, I mean agriculture in general.

To the extent that is true, it just means the corporate behemoths have lost one avenue of legal attack.

There are plenty more.

There’s a difference. It’s huge.

1 Like

I have no doubt of that. But not in the context of my comments.

The journey of a thousand li begins with a single step.

Laozi

*Li is an ancient unit of measurement similar to a mile.

Actually, especially in the context of your comments.

How about this - I re-word the comment I made to start this.