It was cool when things went our way . . . now "heal yourself" or we will restructure you!

This is truely unbelievable. While there was a liberal majority on the court, Dem’s were fine with the supreme court. They were getting what they want. NOW that it’s turned to a more conservative court what happens?

Several high-profile Senate Democrats warned the Supreme Court in pointed terms this week that it could face a fundamental restructuring if justices do not take steps to “heal” the court in the near future.

The ominous and unusual warning was delivered as part of a brief filed Monday in a case related to a New York City gun law. Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse, D-R.I., Richard Blumenthal, D-Conn., Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, Richard Durbin, D-Ill., and Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., referenced rulings by the court’s conservative majority in claiming it is suffering from some sort of affliction which must be remedied.

And this quote is hillarious since the Dem’s want a liberal (aka political) court.

“The Supreme Court is not well. And the people know it,” the brief said. “Perhaps the Court can heal itself before the public demands it be ‘restructured in order to reduce the influence of politics.’”

Only reason Senate dems (and many dems in general) are upset, is because the court has turned to a more conservitive lean. Long was it was leaning THEIR way they were fine with it. Now it must be stopped. It’s not well, and if they don’t change . . . . well they well need to be “restructured”.

Those dem’s should be sanctioned by the senate for blatently trying to “politically” influence the high court.

2 Likes

I mean, it’s not like they blocked a sitting POTUS’ nomination, but it’s still a dastardly bit of partisanship shenanigans.

4 Likes

That wasn’t an official breif to the court warning . . . rule OUR way or face the consiquenses.

apples to oranges sir.

1 Like

It’s a dastardly bit of partisan shenanigans, all right.

And if you remember from the old board, I argued for an up or down vote.

I actually enjoy the honesty.

What honesty?

That they never complained when the court leaned their way and ruled in their favor? And now that it leans the other way and some ruling have come down against them they think the court is broken???

1 Like

Pretty standard partisan response. Let’s hope it goes nowhere, and when it happens again down the line (and it will) let’s hope it’s shot down then too.

1 Like

They are being completely honest.

They are firing a shot across the bow in the upcoming election over the courts just like McConnell did.

Transforming the courts was the cause for the GOP for decades, now that they have… the Dems get to campaign on “transforming the courts”

It’s all fair game now.

They are being 100% honest about it.

4 Likes

Wasn’t that a major justification for some people to vote for a deplorable candidate? “All I care about are the SCOTUS picks.”

3 Likes

one of the main reason people voted for Trump was to get a judge.

1 Like

It was up there in my book.

Kind of judge hillary would nominate vs kind of judge trump would nominate.

Trump type wins in my book

appoint judges is a powerful tool, Dem would be foolish not to make it a campaign point coming election with Ginsburg being 86 and Breyer being 80.

Two of the liberal judges are in their 80s one is almost 90 if Trump win second term the likelyhood of them both retiring during his term is very high.

of course D’s are going to make this an issue.

Certainly nothing unique about the tactic.

I like how we do it in Canada judges are nominated by bipartisan committee and appointed by the Gov. General.

1 Like

Our partisan system is better.

When there truly was a liberal majority on the Supreme Court there was a conservative “Impeach Earl Warren” movement… so there is nothing new about this. Outrage noted.

2 Likes

Hillary would nominate a milk toast right-wing corporate leaning moderate. You all in right-wing really have no clue who or what Hillary was. She was more conservative than Reagan was. Bill Clinton was trying to gut SS and Medicaid but the GOP saved them by the stupid Sex impeachment thing detailed that. 3rd way dems have most of GOP followed and 1/2 dem party into thinking they are lefties. It so sad really because it what is ruining our country is one side and 1/2 other are so stupid and by into MSM on both sides narrative.

3 Likes

Thanks I was reading this thread and was thinking When hell was SCOTUS ever liberal, I know in my adult life time it has never been. How far to the right are some of posters here when think that SCOTUS prior to Trump was liberal? Good lord no wonder the US is so far into right wing and corruption vs EU countries. Is it because GOP has gutted education so much in last 40 years that critical thinking is so hurting and GOP is able to con people into voting against their own well being?

1 Like