‘IT WAS A SETUP’: Rep. Collins Says Robert Mueller’s Entire Russia Probe Based on ‘False Premises’

Originally published at: ‘IT WAS A SETUP’: Rep. Collins Says Robert Mueller’s Entire Russia Probe Based on ‘False Premises’ | Sean Hannity

Rep. Doug Collins unloaded on Congressional Democrats’ flat-out refusal to accept Robert Mueller’s “no collusion” conclusion this week; saying the entire two-year investigation was based on nothing but ‘false premises.’

“They said, ‘Leave it alone; don’t touch it.’ That’s all we were hearing because they believed that the Mueller report was actually going to give them the ammunition to give this president that they’ve hated for so long,” Collins told Fox News. “It didn’t happen!”

“I think, when you go back and you look…the American people ought to say, ‘Why’d this happen?’ How did we get here?’ And, I think [the president] was pointing that out,” Collins added.

“It’s very simple,” President Trump told ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos. “There was no crime. There was no collusion. That big thing’s collusion. Now, there’s no collusion. That means they set—it was a setup.”

“Now you see Comey and you see Baker, you see McCabe and you see these folks going out trying to rehabilitate themselves. I’ve said this before: Jim Comey’s not out on the TV circuit right now because he thinks he’s right. I think he’s trying to rehabilitate himself because he knows, when we look at what actually happened, there’s going to be some problems here,” Collins said.

House Intel Chair Adam Schiff continued his flat-out refusal to accept Robert Mueller’s final Russia report Wednesday; telling his Congressional colleagues the special counsel reached “no conclusion” on whether the Trump campaign “colluded” with the Kremlin.

“Volume one of the report outlines a sweeping and systemic effort by Russia to interfere in the 2016 election for the benefit of Donald Trump,” Schiff declared. “It establishes that the Trump campaign welcomed the Russian interference because it expected to benefit electorally from the information stolen and released through the Russian effort.”

“Nevertheless and contrary to the president’s often-repeated mantra and many misrepresentations of the attorney general, the special counsel reached no conclusion as to whether the Trump campaign’s many Russian contacts constituted collusion since that term is not defined in criminal law,” he added.

GOP Rep. Devin Nunes fired-back at Schiff moments later, saying “After years of false accusations and McCarthyite smears, the collusion hoax now defines the Democratic Party.”

“The hoax is what they have in place of a governing philosophy or a constructive vision for our country,” he added.

Read the full story at Fox News.