It sounded like a good idea at the time . .

I always tell my kids. If at some point in the discussion or train of thought, you might end us saying “it sounded like a good idea at the time” . . . . . it’s not a good idea.

That includes politics . . .

A series of pictures posted online after a Friday night political fundraising event for state Senator Martin Sandoval (D-Chicago) show an event attendee pointing what appears to be a fake assault weapon at another person wearing a Mexican costume and a mask of President Donald Trump.

With all the shootings lately around the country . . . .

With multiple shootings in Chicago EVERY weekend . . . .

A couple of idots THOUGHT this would be a good idea and it wouldn’t get out on social media or the news???

To their credit . . .

The mock assassination pose drew quick, bipartisan condemnation from Governor J.B. Pritzker, the Illinois Democratic Party, and from the Illinois Republican Party alike.

“As our nation grapples with the epidemic of gun violence, purposely pointing a fake gun at anyone is insensitive and wrong,” Pritzker said Saturday night. “I condemn actions like the ones displayed in the pictures because they lack the civility our politics demands.”

Somehow the Dem’s I’m sure will turn this around . . . and that this is somehow Trumps Fault for all his reteric.

In another article in the comments, someone said the Secret Service should pay the two idots a visit. I agree with that 1000%

The mock assassination pose drew quick, bipartisan condemnation from Governor J.B. Pritzker, the Illinois Democratic Party, and from the Illinois Republican Party alike.

“As our nation grapples with the epidemic of gun violence, purposely pointing a fake gun at anyone is insensitive and wrong,” Pritzker said Saturday night. “I condemn actions like the ones displayed in the pictures because they lack the civility our politics demands.”

He shouldn’t have done that. He has since apologized. I agree, this type of behavior is uncalled for. I highly doubt anyone on this forum will say what he did was justified.

1 Like

Imagine if you and other conservatives spent half of the energy on caring about the conduct of the President as you no doubt will two attendees at some random state Senator’s event.

3 Likes

So you don’t condemn the action, but condemn and broadbrush all conservatives?

Interesting to say the least.

1 Like

I condemn the actions. I doubt anyone here, liberal or conservative, will not condemn the actions.

They could only get away with that in the panhandle.

10 Likes

Except the poster I quoted who condemned people for supporting the president. But said nothing of the action in the op.

Interesting huh?

It shouldn’t even need to be said that kidding around about shooting the President is idiotic and wrong. I just wish you and other Trump apologists spent a fraction of the time on the behavior of people who actually matter.

7 Likes

Behavior of people that actually matter?

Your saying this was insignificant then? Really?

Oh my, I remember when the portrayal of presidential assassinations were all the rage and defended by some very people here as art.

So this was art to you?

No, just a gentle reminder to some that say this should never happen of what was spewed when we disagreed with the Bush assassination film crap as well as the beheaded Trump etc. that went on and continues. There were many defending that at the time.

These two people are obvious idiots and should be treated as such.

I do enjoy the supposition that the President will be victimized twice from some future unnamed Dem saying that he brought this on himself.

Did you ever see “Death of a President” ?

it really isn’t the movie that people think that it is.

I’m saying that it’s bizarre watching tens of millions of conservative Americans pretend not to see the corrupt, horrible behavior of the President.

And yeah, in the grand scheme of things a couple of idiots doing something idiotic is pretty insignificant. Did we make a thread back in the day every time someone hung Obama in effigy? Every time someone called him and his wife primates? Every time some clown fantasized about murdering them?

1 Like

I say that they will get that visit.
And I hope it scares the hell out of them.

3 Likes

And that relates to a political campaign of somone of the opposite political spectrum having a presidential assination at the gathering how?

They had a presidential assassination? Which president died?

If this gets more than phone call it’s a waste of money. And even a phone calls a waste.

Don’t waste SS time with every picture like this, that can’t be rare, across the internet.

Was this somehow encouraged by anyone in power similar to how Trump openly called for violence at his rallies and even offered to pay the legal fees of people who engaged in it on his behalf?

2 Likes