IT’S OFFICIAL: President Trump Formally Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Nah. He’s got money to burn. Remember he gave away a million to the hurricane victims in 2017.

Nice guy.

M

This is the most incredible stretch of tortured logic I have read all week. BRAVO!

Just shows how far some people will go to never give Trump credit for anything.

M

The only threats he made were to retaliate if the US or our allies were attacked, perhaps you missed that.

I see that after more than 60 years of failure he and his policies have finally forced Kim to the table with an offer to denuclearize completely and bring a formal end to the Korean war.

I know that after decades of appeasement failing Trump stood firm and showed that we’d be willing to go to the matt to end this once and for all and that as a result we stand on the brink of doing just that.

It also appears that Trump was the one man that could get China to finally put a leash on this rabid dog and back off on the threat to support N.Korea should they go to war with us.

Don’t kid yourself, what changed was the willingness for a US president to stand firm and not back down to the little bully for a change.

Without Trump’s policies there is no way the peace process is where it is today period.

I’m no fan of Trump but he’s definitely done the right thing with N. Korea; assuming that is, the process actually goes through.

If it all breaks down then it will pretty well prove there is no peaceful solution possible and that will go very badly for millions of people eventually.

For 2018… .

The anger is in the fact he’s succeeding.

I said it on another post. Smartest move would be to give it to Kim. Help him turn over a new leaf and bring a unfied Korea into the fold of a modern world community. Carrot and stick

1 Like

“It’ll be the biggest prison ever, EVER! With the biggest walls, believe me!”

Oh, I am certain they will give him a Command Stick On hook to hang his Nobel Medal from in his cell.

:wink:

Guess you missed where Donald Trump has been threatening North Korea since before he even became President. Even as far back as 2000 he made public his desire to “strike” North Korea if they didn’t cow tow to America’s wishes.

The carrot doesn’t work. Why reward Kim for test firing icbms?

Why anyone from America would even begin to think any other American is deserving of any Nobel Peace prize for what might happen on the Korean Peninsula is an excellent question.

America stuck its nose in Korea’s affairs 70 some years ago, stuck their "big stick’ into a Korean conflict that did not concern America.

The reason the Korean war was never settled, officially ended, has been because America kept the war alive by keeping our armies in an essentially occupied South Korea; kept our forces: land, sea, and air focused on constant preparation to invade and or otherwise attack North Korea at a moments notice.

This never lead to peace on the Korean peninsula.

It led to a perpetually antagonized North Korea who was like the proverbial 90 pound weakling, on the beach every day getting sand kicked in his face, by big mean Mr USA Nuclear Super Power muscle man.

One would have to be an idiot of the first order to not understand why the leaders of North Korea have striven so adamantly all these years to become a nuclear power themselves.

Kim Jong Un is coming to the table because he now has the muscle needed to kick some sand back our way. Oh, he is making “nice, nice” mewling noises at the moment. But he won’t leave the bargaining table without winning more chips than he anted up.

I would be thoroughly amazed if there wasn’t some big brother encouragement from China to Kim to nudge him on his way to the table.

Moon, now he is sucking up to Trump, no doubt about that, but that is only because he is sucking up to the cush position South Korea has held for so many decades. Being allowed to become a little, but rich, first world nation thanks to the Big America sand kickers on the DMZ beach.

Moon saw the crazy man in the White House who was threatening to either turn the Korean peninsula into glass or to withdraw all those American forces. Although their presence may be irksome to the South Koreans, Moon knows how much more bothersome it would be to have them just up and leave at this point in time.

No. There is no cause for any American President getting any Nobel Peace prize for what might happen on the Korean peninsula.

Why not? Our 7 decades of constant threat to North Korea is the reason North Korean leaders have worked so hard to attain a nuclear power footing, even if the footprint is a small one at the moment.

We should reward Kim for going down the road we paved for them.

lol - He totally Forrest Gump’d this. And we have no idea what is actually going to come of it yet.

Either way, Kim Jong Un has now been recognized on the world stage as a world leader and I haven’t heard Trump say one word about pushing Kim to improve any conditions in N. Korea itself.

Kudos to Kim Jong here, he has totally won the battle against the mighty U.S. and the world.

2 Likes

Now if there were a award for most prominent adulterer, Trump would be a shoo-in.

Allan

1 Like

We give him a carrot for putting down his stick.
I know its ass backwards but seems to be working.

Just can’t see giving a guy who tortured and killed his own people the NPP.

GW…I agree but the chances of him getting removed from power and charged with crimes against humanity are less then zero.

Or to Trump, a man who has already killed his own people, wants to torture people, and has no conscience regarding his killing of innocents, aka “collateral damage”.

The only difference between Kim killing innocent people and Donald killing innocent people is “location, location, location”.

1 Like

Errr, Kim IS a world leader who was developing a nuke that could hit us and he was threatening to use it in that capacity.

The idea that IGNORING or trying to belittle him would somehow make that go away was EXACTLY why we are in this mess - Obama, Bush and Clinton ALL tried to pretend he was not important enough to deal with and look where we are today, as a result. He is THAT CLOSE to a viable weapon he can threaten us with.

Trump’s predecessors are the ones who have muffed this, time and rime again, and he is simply cleaning up their mess.

Place the blame for Kim exactly where it belongs.

M