IT’S OFFICIAL: Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Appoints Kelly Loeffler to the United States Senate

Originally published at: IT’S OFFICIAL: Georgia Governor Brian Kemp Appoints Kelly Loeffler to the United States Senate | Sean Hannity

Georgia Governor Brian Kemp appointed businesswoman Kelly Loeffler to the United States Senate Wednesday; filling a seat left vacant by retiring lawmaker Johnny Isakson.

“Kemp’s decision came despite intense criticism from conservative allies of President Trump who wanted Kemp to appoint Rep. Doug Collins, one of Trump’s staunchest defenders in Congress. Loeffler, a co-owner of the Atlanta Dream professional woman’s basketball team, on Wednesday attempted to assuage the concerns of those who were against the political outsider,” reports Fox News.

“I haven’t spent my life trying to get to Washington. But here’s what folks are going to find out about me: I’m a lifelong conservative. Pro-Second Amendment. Pro-military. Pro-wall. And pro-Trump,” she said.

“She will be an incumbent Republican Senator,” added Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Read the full report here.

Source: Fox News