It has begun, Minneapolis will disband its police department, what will come of this sociological experiment?

He was responding to me.

1 Like

Yeah, I think R’s strategy of blaming D’s is right, but wrong to do. Both sides haven’t addressed this, some made it worse. But it’s about who is on the right side now that matters.

Dead Rabbits!

Sure. He hung up on us. :woozy_face:

:rofl:

Yeah we’ve had a week of rioting and property damage compared to the decades of police damaging property, stealing people’s money, injuring beyond what is necessary and being complicit in locking up millions of Americans.
Don’t care. ■■■■ that starbucks.

coming soon. lol

2 Likes

We are a nation with laws.

We don’t change our laws to accommodate culture. The culture needs to change to accommodate laws.

Allowing looting, rioting, burning and defacement while telling people they can’t go to work so they can feed their families is the most upside down and backwards thing I’ve ever heard.

Defunding the police is coming from these same geniuses.

How’s that going to work out? :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

badges? we don’t need no stinking badges…

enforce your own laws…

utopia

I’m excited to see it.

I am worried that this movement of disbanding the police is going to increase Trump’s chances of getting reelected.

Well this isn’t true.

Gay Marriage?

Point me to the proposal that will allow those things to continue without punishment.

Do you understand what “defund the police” means?

Don’t patronize me.

We are a nation of laws. If you don’t like the laws the way to change them is through legal means, not rioting, burning or looting to get attention.

Nor is it through circumventing laws by “bending a knee” as a public official.

Defunding the police should be put to vote. Not a knee jerk reaction.

Uh ok

History disagrees with you

What laws are being circumvented?

If that is a requirement then I agree, it should.

I suspect the housing market will be the first to suffer. People wont stay where they arent safe.

What you © are going to get from this is nothing more than scorn and furthering the distrust from the general population. :woman_shrugging:

Looks like we are getting police reform. :man_shrugging:t5:

Too bad Prince isn’t alive to see it.

I ll be honest. For the first time in my 60 years of life I’m really worried about the future if this country. The direction we are heading right now is scary, ridiculous scary.

This defund/disband/remake/reimagine the police thing…I do not support defunding police, I certainly don’t support disbanding police. Reimagine the police, what the hell does that even mean.

The police are not the problem in America. They are usually the solution.

In a recent Op Ed Heather Macdonald writes…" “However sickening the video of Floyd’s arrest, it isn’t representative of the 375 million annual contacts that police officers have with civilians,” she wrote in a Tuesday Op-Ed for The Wall Street Journal.

TRENDING: Rioter Douses Police Officer, Sets Him on Fire as Unrest Spreads Across Globe

“A solid body of evidence finds no structural bias in the criminal-justice system with regard to arrests, prosecution or sentencing. Crime and suspect behavior, not race, determine most police actions.”…For starters, she looks at the number of people fatally shot by police officers. In 2019, that was 1,004. Most of these people “were armed or otherwise dangerous,” Mac Donald said."

Later in the same piece…"“The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015. The Post defines ‘unarmed’ broadly to include such cases as a suspect in Newark, N.J., who had a loaded handgun in his car during a police chase,” Mac Donald wrote. “In 2018 there were 7,407 black homicide victims. Assuming a comparable number of victims last year, those nine unarmed black victims of police shootings represent 0.1% of all African-Americans killed in 2019. By contrast, a police officer is 18½ times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.” https://www.westernjournal.com/stats-systemic-police-racism-myth/

We are led to believe that police are corrupt, the message being delivered in the wake of George Floyd contains a strong suggestion that police officers are out there searching for the next African American they can attack. I don’t believe it…

The thing that’s lacking…Data…Reality…
The thing we have too much of…Emotion…
As a conservative I believe the Democrats and their media allies have attempted to take full advantage of this situation…Perhaps making it worse…fanning the flames.

I plan to do some research…To study some data…to learn more about this issue. I’ve had the pleasure of knowing several police officers and a few county sheriffs who were and still are friends. None of them are that Chauvin guy in Minnesota. I remember watching the news of 9-11-01 and hearing the stories of officers of the law running toward the collapsing buildings, not away from them.

There are hundreds of thousands of Law Enforcement Officers who interact with the rest of us 300+ million times a year. So are the actions of four of those officers in the George Floyd case enough to dismantle our system?

The overwhelming majority of our police officers are good people just trying to live their lives and give back to their communities. I think it’s time we start giving them the benefit of the doubt instead of politicizing a bad situation and making it worse in the process.

2 Likes

Police are civilians.

In how many of those contacts are a citizen’s rights violated?