Israel spies on Trump calls

we put a bug in the Poutine.

1 Like

I never said I was happy with it.

Just said that **** happens.

We spy on Israel.

If we don’t want to be spied on, the onus is on the UNITED STATES to take action.

And we did.

I hate people spying on the United States and terrorists. Two peas in a pod.

Allan

The United States spies on other countries.

Unless we stop spying on other countries, we should not be morally outraged when other countries spy on us.

Fair is fair.

If we do it to them, they have the right to do it to us.

There is no right to spy on the American President. We will have to agree to disagree on this.

I don’t like trump. However Don’t want him to be spied on by other countries.

Allan

I would rather they not SUCCESSFULLY spy on Trump or any other President. That is entirely on us to prevent it from being successful.

If it’s Israel than it’s a good thing and you’re anti Semitic if you think otherwise!

3 Likes

Like most people, I don’t get too worked up about a country spying on us. With a few exceptions. Israel is one of them. I feel like this is a general rule. When the US is paying for 15-20% of your defense budget, you don’t get to spy on us. And if you do, maybe that dollar amount has to be decreased.

Also, I think the UK, Canada, Australia and New Zealand are actually countries the US doesn’t spy on and vice versa. So if one of them got caught spying I would also be annoyed.

1 Like

I know what you’re saying there (and I fully agree with it).

I just take issue with the word “right” in that statement. Our common lexicon has so muddled the meaning of “right” (as a noun) that it has lost its gravitas.

An eye for an eye isn’t a right, but it’s understandable. It might even be reasonable. In the case of spying, it could be argued as a point of self-defense (which therefore could be argued to relate to rights at some level.)

So I’m not disagreeing at all with your post. I can’t blame ANY country (friend or foe) for spying on the USA. It’s the way of the world, and in some ways spying is as old as mankind itself.

Only anti-semites dare question Israel planting surveillance devices.

1 Like

Wow, not only so we no dare acknowledge it, it’s their right!

No need to be spastic.

You know full well the context I put that in.

We spy on other nations. They spy on us.

As long as we spy on other nations, we are not in a position to tell anybody not to try to do it to us.

And if you had read farther, I also said that I hope their attempts are not successful.

Nations shouldn’t even bother with spying. Book a breakfast meeting with Donald, he’ll blurt out anything you want to know.

We are always on a position to call out anyone who is stupid enough to get caught.

Au contraire. We have every expectation for Israel not to spy on us.

How much foriegn aid provided since Israel became a nation?

Russia i would understand more than Israel.

Allan

1 Like

I support cutting Israel off the teat, along with all the rest.

Cut off that money and they won’t have the resources to conduct espionage.

In the alternative, I would severely reduce support to Israel, with any restoration being contingent on Israel removing ALL special privileges held by the Ultra-Orthodox.

1 Like

This is why at least putting on a show that we caught them matters. Leverage both domestically and directly.

You might have a point.

https://twitter.com/peterbakernyt/status/1172270223774429185?s=21

I have a feeling that Trump is NOT given all the information in his daily briefings that a typical President might be given. I have no doubt that sensitive details are withheld.

This thread is shows that pretty much every thinking human of any political persuasion knows everyone’s spying on everyone.

Yet Trump has to be that guy that says he doesn’t believe it? Why? What’s the rational behind such statements?

And

Now that he has, how long until we start seeing Trumpsters saying Israel doesn’t spy on us, we don’t on them.